I like Tannehills approach. He is a different person than Mariota. We all are different in our approach to things...

But, Head coach is the ultimate leader of a team. Quarterback is a General. A leader should always know the strengths and weaknesses of his men. Mariota wasn't a vocal leader, and never was going to be.

Example, The Ravens vocal leader was never Joe Flacco, it was Ray Lewis for years, while Ray was there. Joe has a passive personality, so as a coach you let veterans handle that. 

People also lead differently. Mariota seemed content with leading by example, on the field. Some guys are vocal leaders some guys are follow my example leaders.

Just write the article praising Tannehill, no need to take an unnecessary shot at Mariota who is gone.

10 minutes ago, EagleEye said:

fluff reporting.

I love the sound of that. For years the Titans wanted Mariota to take ownership of the offense, and while they talked about him doing so we never saw a great deal of evidence he had.

Of course, he was do busy frolicking with his BF

Other times, however, Grasu steers the topic away from football when the two arrive at their Nashville home, which they share with Mariota’s "girlfriend" wink wink.

Everyone should have a friend like Grasu, the kind of buddy who can help someone unwind when the wiring gets a little too tight.

face-seniorcitizen-person-human-1.thumb.jpg.2842d30883216814daf5a44739d85beb.jpg

I'd say it's substantive in the sense that the piece is explicitly saying that this is something that they wanted Mariota to do but he never really did. That's a new development regarding leadership and I think that's relevant. No one has ever been this direct in calling out Mariota's passivity.

28 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I'd say it's substantive in the sense that the piece is explicitly saying that this is something that they wanted Mariota to do but he never really did. That's a new development regarding leadership and I think that's relevant. No one has ever been this direct in calling out Mariota's passivity.

There's no way the JRob and Vrabel would have drafted Mariota.

People liked to say that his lack of red flags was a red flag which is stupid, but the problem was more his lack of verve.

Also, come on he was caught speeding in his Nissan Cube that one time. Owning a Nissan Cube should have been the reddest of flags!

24 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

People liked to say that his lack of red flags was a red flag which is stupid, but the problem was more his lack of verve.

Also, come on he was caught speeding in his Nissan Cube that one time. Owning a Nissan Cube should have been the reddest of flags!

I bet I know who the other dude was in the car........

As I recall regarding when Tannehill throws a comeback route , he apparently  told the wr he was putting the ball at his knees and to be looking exactly there for it,  to allow him to get down after the catch..

30 minutes ago, newschool said:

You?

I'd never get into a Nissan Cube.  Like Titan279 said, it should have been grounds for being taking off the board.....

I saw a Timeline episode on NFL Network about Vince Lombardi assuming control of the Redskins.

He had them running laps after practice. He had them run again and then again... until the team figured out that Vince wanted Sonny Jurgensen to lead them-- even though he had been running in the middle of the pack.

The team has always needed a veteran QB, with all of the turnover on the offensive coaching staff and being young at every skill position.  It's probably nice for him to work with with an OC who welcomes and respects his feedback as opposed to dicks like Gase.   I'm sure that he has valuable advice.

Edited by abc2330

2 hours ago, Titans279 said:

My son is a scientist, so I wanted to get him one of those when he was in college.  "DAD, I don't want that!"