Sign in to follow this  
SirLanceALot

Titans Decline Corey Davis’ 5th Year Option

I could def see this kid having a break out season this year. Really hard to justify picking up his option, but would like to see them extend him short term. 

I am a big fan of JRob, but two top of the draft, first round picks walking after four years, that looks bad.

1 minute ago, Omar said:

I could def see this kid having a break out season this year. Really hard to justify picking up his option, but would like to see them extend him short term. 

I am a big fan of JRob, but two top of the draft, first round picks walking after four years, that looks bad.

I could see him being a lot better, but the targets just aren't going to be there in this offense.  Which is a shame, it would be nice to at least get a good comp pick from him.  

This was a pretty obvious choice. They weren’t going to pay Davis $15M next year based on anything they have seen from him so far.

Edited by Starkiller

11 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Wonder if we would be interested in extending him at a 8-10 clip instead? Just a thought

Doubt it, he'll probably gamble on a breakout year and cash in.

40 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Wonder if we would be interested in extending him at a 8-10 clip instead? Just a thought

Not this offseason. 

They had to know he’d almost never be worth 15 million. I wonder if they really thought he was worth the 5th pick in the draft or if they just couldn’t find a good trade partner to move down in the draft. 

36 minutes ago, Thrill said:

They had to know he’d almost never be worth 15 million. I wonder if they really thought he was worth the 5th pick in the draft or if they just couldn’t find a good trade partner to move down in the draft. 

They thought he was the best WR in the draft but the question is did they think so much of him they would have traded down risking not getting him.  That we won't ever know but I'd guess JRob would have liked to drop a few spots.  Thing is in hindsight JRob was correct that the top 3 WRs went quickly.  That was the whole reason for going WR first and CB with the 2nd 1st.  5 was a little early but sometimes you don't want to over think it.  I'd have traded down a few spots if I could and not worried about who was there.  #5, unless you want a QB or an elite pass rusher (assuming one is there) really isn't a good spot to be in a draft like that year.   Seriously, is a CB or S worth the #5 pick?  Maybe but #5 is a little early for almost anything but an elite pass rusher or a LT if you need one.   Who really is or was worth that spot?