JRob on 104.5 at 12:30

thor

Something else that might be holding this up us the fact that Henry still hasn't gotten paid. Imagine Clowney comes in on big contract and Henry is stuck with his current franchise tag salary. They may be working the numbers to try and make them both happy..

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thing is... the NFL has to know, especially in times like these, that there are backdoor agreements. Hell, they even have the "free tampering" period before free agency starts. So what in the fuck is

I noticed he only said this afternoon.  What about this evening?

He pretty much said the same in the afternoon.. “nothing is imminent” .Reese said later. it’s not entirely clear how he’ll be used b/c we have 3 legitimate edge rushers.. Beasley, Landry, and Correa, and 3 developing ones,.. On the other hand, resigning Ryan would give us  4 legitimate corners, again as per Reese.. 

Im mentally prepared to use the money on interior dlineman and Ryan

21 minutes ago, reb9000tn said:

But Jon Robinson said on The Midday 180 that won't be the thing that triggers a deal with Clowney. [Unlocked.]

“Like I’ve said numerous times now there are several guys who are still free agents who are out there, that we’ve had discussions with,” he said. “I would again echo what I’ve said: There is nothing imminent. We’ve had those talks. I don’t think -- that’s not coming in at any point this afternoon.

"But we’ll continue to take stock of where the roster is at and work through things and if something manifests itself and we can figure it out with somebody that is a free agent now and we think it helps our football team then we’ll certainly entertain it.”

I used to think Jeff Fisher was the master at saying a whole bunch of nothing, but JRob has taken that art form to another level entirely.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

35 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I used to think Jeff Fisher was the master at saying a whole bunch of nothing, but JRob has taken that art form to another level entirely.

Hasn’t quite gotten it to its ultimate form yet, the Belichickean mastery of not saying anything at all while still appearing to actually speak.

54 minutes ago, Nash said:

He pretty much said the same in the afternoon.. “nothing is imminent” .Reese said later. it’s not entirely clear how he’ll be used b/c we have 3 legitimate edge rushers.. Beasley, Landry, and Correa, and 3 developing ones,.. On the other hand, resigning Ryan would give us  4 legitimate corners, again as per Reese.. 

Im mentally prepared to use the money on interior dlineman and Ryan

Disagree on Correa being a "legitimate" edge rusher.  He's good depth and nothing else.  He would have gotten more than 2-3 million if he was legitimate.  Ryan is gone.  We drafted his speedier replacement in Fulton this weekend.  He's not coming back.  Reese is a moron for even suggesting that.

10 minutes ago, ejd53 said:

Hasn’t quite gotten it to its ultimate form yet, the Belichickean mastery of not saying anything at all while still appearing to actually speak.

Belichick is head of the Borg Collective. He doesn't count.

"In their collective state, the Borg are utterly without mercy; driven by one will alone: the will to conquer. They are beyond redemption, beyond reason." - Jean-Luc Picard

Edited by NashvilleNinja

6 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I also think there is a price where JRob would consider bringing Ryan back so who knows.  Maybe if Ryan has to play on a one year deal for $5 mil or something he could be back.  Expecting Fulton to come in play NB at a high level from day one is fantasy and pretty moronic and last I checked those games count the same as the later games.  

Ryan is not coming back.  They signed Joseph as the vet back-up and mentor type.  I don't know how many more times I can say this.  They aren't paying him 5 million or whatever.  If they wanted to sign him, they would have.

On 5/4/2020 at 3:36 PM, rns90 said:

Ryan is not coming back.  They signed Joseph as the vet back-up and mentor type.  I don't know how many more times I can say this.  They aren't paying him 5 million or whatever.  If they wanted to sign him, they would have.

I’m surprised at how many posters want Ryan back.  I loved Ryan, he brought a unique skill set to the slot with his run defense & blitzing ability & was actually a great fit for modern defenses, especially ours which is  big on versatility. But at the end of the day none of that matters if you can’t cover. And Ryan just lost too many steps. It’s clear as day the organization realized they had to get faster there.

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The rest of the league knows it about Ryan too

I know he’s desperate for a deal. I really liked the way the guy played until last year to.