NFL Schedule Release

I know some here don't really care much about the schedule release, interested to hear now we are post FA and the draft if anyone has any thoughts on the possible number of prime time games we might receive and early record predictions.

Here is the opponent list for 2020

Home opponents: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns

Away opponents: Texans, Colts, Jaguars, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Denver Broncos

Always dangerous to make bold assumptions before a ball has even been kicked off, I must say though that home schedule looks pretty favorable this year, there is no one on that home schedule we should fear, the away schedule looks a bit tougher, the Ravens/Vikings/Packers will be tough and I think the Broncos will be one of the most improved teams in the AFC this year.

For me its a little early to give a record prediction

In terms the number of prime time games I think the Titans will get 2, one will be against the Ravens and the second one will either be the nearly annual TNF game against the Jags or a MNF game against the Colts.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Using the Vegas over/under totals to predict the 2020 strength of schedule, the Titans would have the 2nd easiest schedule this season.   https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-strength

No way Oakland wins even one NFL game this year.  I guarantee that.  

Would take the under on the Patriots.    

I know nothing about scheduled-making but you gotta think that us vs the Ravens would have to be a primetime game. Also, just looking at that slate of teams I'm thinking 11-5 with loses to Steelers, Vikings, Texans once, Green Bay, and the Ravens. I think we decimate the AFC South. The colts are a real wild card though. I don't think Rivers is as done as many on here and he's about to get a caliber of OL he's never had. We could easily split with them but we could also very possibly beat Green Bay or the Ravens.

They will get more than 2 primetime games after being in the AFC Champ game imo. I think they get 4. Ravens will def be one. Then I could see GB, Buffalo,  and obviously the jags because that’s tradition. Covid must have delayed the release because the past few years it has been released mid April the week before the draft. 

1 hour ago, heyitsmeallen said:

They will get more than 2 primetime games after being in the AFC Champ game imo. I think they get 4. Ravens will def be one. Then I could see GB, Buffalo,  and obviously the jags because that’s tradition. Covid must have delayed the release because the past few years it has been released mid April the week before the draft. 

I don't see it with Jacksonville.  They're in London twice I don't even think they'll get a primetime game.  Every team gets a national game so I think theirs will be one of the early morning games on NFLN.

Edited by scine09

I always thought that the last 3 games should always be division games, one against each team.  That way you don't have the ridiculousness of playing some team twice early or twice late, like the Titans did with the Texans last year.  It also gives every team, if they're within 3 games of the division lead come week 15, at least more of a chance than they'd get if they played a bunch of non division games.

The Panthers and Bucs were done with each other after week 6 last year.  That should never happen.

Also, remember how ridiculous it was last year for the Titans to play a week 16 when they were on the playoff bubble and for the game to mean virtually nothing (against NO)?  That would never happen if weeks 15-17 were against divisional opponents only.

Edited by scine09

Just now, Starkiller said:

The Steelers and Packers are national favorites. There’s a reasonable chance we would get prime time games against them. 

Any other year I doubt Titans Packers would be a National game, but since we were both runner ups I could see it as a Monday night game. 

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

No one nationally cares about Vrabel vs LaFleur.  

I think if the Titans get a SNF game it easily could be at Green Bay.  It'll be one of 3 games IMO.  At Bal, vs Pit or at GB.

No, but it adds a small layer to the game. 

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

No one nationally cares about Vrabel vs LaFleur.  

I think if the Titans get a SNF game it easily could be at Green Bay.  It'll be one of 3 games IMO.  At Bal, vs Pit or at GB.

Yeah lol, I care though, and was just saying since it hadn't been mentioned. 

Edited by tgo