Who's the NB? Kristian Fulton game footage

SleepingTitan

25 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Lance Zierlein seems to see the same shit I'm seeing. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kristian-fulton?id=32194655-4c73-3491-274a-7b3b8a1d4f92

Puts him as a 2nd round talent. Graded to be a backup with potentially starting down the road. 

You might be over doing it.  According to the rankings you listed above, he was the top ranked CB left when the Titans drafted him.

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/CB?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL&year=2020

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Laughable. 

Also, they had to run zone more than they wanted to because our corners got decimated and we ended up with scrubs starting at corner toward the end, so had to play zone against high powered offenses t

What do you mean you think he'll do better in our zone schemes?   He's a press-man corner and we run primarily a man coverage defense.    And yes, he's the nickel. Why would he "ne

Fulton was picked with the 61st pick. Thats basically a 3rd rounder. People need to relax. He is going to be 3rd on the depth chart at best. Im sure we would all love a true lockdown corner but the reality of it is there wasnt one available at 29 and there wasnt one available at 61. Fulton was great value and he has upside. He will probably struggle with top WRs but I dont think he is going to be asked to cover them. He is going to get a shot at the NB spot but it also sounds like we are open to trying Butler and Adoree there as well.

4 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Fulton was picked with the 61st pick. Thats basically a 3rd rounder. People need to relax. He is going to be 3rd on the depth chart at best. Im sure we would all love a true lockdown corner but the reality of it is there wasnt one available at 29 and there wasnt one available at 61. Fulton was great value and he has upside. He will probably struggle with top WRs but I dont think he is going to be asked to cover them. He is going to get a shot at the NB spot but it also sounds like we are open to trying Butler and Adoree there as well.

Of course, and I agree it was good value. I hope the guy can grow and help us win games. I'm thankful that Jrob invested in the position too. 

But I don't expect him to be very successful unless in zone, or with plenty of help otherwise. He's a smart guy so it may just work out in our system. 

And for the motherfucking record, I said the same thing about DGB and posters dog piled on me the same way they're doing now. I don't just willie nillie shit all over draft picks for the hell of it. 

What got me excited was seeing him taken in the first round early in so many mocks.  You know they are click bait b.s. but you click anyway.  I think that's why people were so excited.  Still, l think it was an excellent pick.  He's only played two seasons of football, one as a starter.  The Titans have studied him more than we have and they took him.  He has upside.

5 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Of course, and I agree it was good value. I hope the guy can grow and help us win games. I'm thankful that Jrob invested in the position too. 

But I don't expect him to be very successful unless in zone, or with plenty of help otherwise. He's a smart guy so it may just work out in our system. 

And for the motherfucking record, I said the same thing about DGB and posters dog piled on me the same way they're doing now. I don't just willie nillie shit all over draft picks for the hell of it. 

DGB and Fulton are two opposite projects lol you kidding me? DGB was a combine freak and ran one route. Fulton covers the best WRs in the SEC. man you got some learning to do 

5 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

LOL!  You know you will be remembered for this.  Don't let him get a pick six.

1 minute ago, Th3Ch0senOn3 said:

DGB and Fulton are two opposite projects lol you kidding me? DGB was a combine freak and ran one route. Fulton covers the best WRs in the SEC. man you got some learning to do 

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

LOL!  You know you will be remembered for this.  Don't let him get a pick six.

Yeah I called DGB a bust right out of the gate and got laughed at. People said I was a jerk because I didn't fall for his sob story either. 

DGB had a lot more problems than running 1 route, and yeah, I do know what I'm talking about. I may be wrong about a lot of players that I think will succeed, but I have a good track record on calling busts. 

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the Groundhog Day movie on this board. We may very well be saying in 2 years: Yeah he missed on another 2nd rounder but Isaiah Wilson was a beast before he tore his ACL and he hit a home run with Chris Jackson who's turned into a solid player....

55 minutes ago, Thrill said:

It seems like a bunch of posters only saw him in the national championship and formed their opinion based on that. First off, he was on Tee Higgins who could be a star in the NFL and Higgins was pushing off all game. Not to mention these guys are allowed to have one bad game in their career, Adoree certainly had some bad games early on.

You guys need to get over expecting 2nd round guys to be perfectly polished products. There’s a reason he made it to the 2nd we just have to hope we can develop some of his weaker skills.

The college football national championship is extremely difficult for defensive backs. I'm not sure there are many defensive backs who have really shined in that kind of environment in it's current format. They are often going up against elite WRs and elite QBs who have had a month to prepare. And the primary focus of their preparation is how to take advantage of the DBs.

I remember Alabama's DBs got criticized for allowing so many passing yards against Clemson (Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence) - over 400 both times. Marlon Humphrey, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Eddie Jackson were in those backfields.

The game that sold me on Fulton was the Bama game. Here's a good writeup. Bama legitimately has 4 first round WRs. They got some yards, but Fulton held his own.

2 hours ago, Th3Ch0senOn3 said:

Wow a player giving up a td and committing some penalties in football. What a bust

Remember that when Adoree was drafted people disliked it because of one play where I think john Ross burned him for like a 70 yard TD or something?  It doesn't take much for some people.

3 minutes ago, VanCityTitan said:

Remember that when Adoree was drafted people disliked it because of one play where I think john Ross burned him for like a 70 yard TD or something?  It doesn't take much for some people.

I think it was Adoree vs Fuller.  And he still gets burned by Fuller...

25 minutes ago, japan said:

I think it was Adoree vs Fuller.  And he still gets burned by Fuller...

A lot of DB's get burned by guys with Fullers speed.  I'd be lying if I said I paid close enough attention to how many times one of our cb gets beat specifically and by whom...but I like how hes come along so far and fell that overall the people who were shitting themselves over that play and the pick in general were wrong.

Edited by VanCityTitan

If you guys wanna see the stark difference between Gladney and Fulton and why Gladney was perfect for us and Fulton was not, go watch the Clemson video where he gets torched. Go see him not pursue tackles and half ass tackle when he does try. 

THEN, go watch this from Gladney vs Lamb, Hurts and Oklahoma. He plays like a better Logan Ryan. Shuts his man down. Blitzes. Pursues tackles. 

Wilson is gonna be a good player, but I can't help but wonder what Gladney could have done for our team. Not only did the Vikings get him, but they got Cam Dantzler too AND EZRA CLEVELAND AND JUSTIN JEFFERSON. If we take Gladney round 1, I know we got a good tackle available (probably Wilson) in 2.