Who's the NB? Kristian Fulton game footage

SleepingTitan

There’s literally zero indicators that Hooker would be considered for the NB role in any scenario other than A few big sets and even in that case he didn’t do it last season. When he was on the field last year he mostly played deep halves or in 3rds while either Vacarro or Byard was down closer in the box.  They used Amani a few times in Dime looks to man backs and TEs and he was pretty solid - Right now Amani is likely the 3rd S and there’s 4-5 CBs that would most likely get looks at NB ahead of him (Butler, Adoree, Fulton and JJoe)

Hooker looks to have potential to be a pretty good S, and i wouldn’t be surprised if he replaces KV24 sooner than later- as long as we don’t lose out on any physicality or run support. 

they drafted Fulton for a reason, and he’s way out in front of Hooker for a NB role

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Laughable. 

Also, they had to run zone more than they wanted to because our corners got decimated and we ended up with scrubs starting at corner toward the end, so had to play zone against high powered offenses t

What do you mean you think he'll do better in our zone schemes?   He's a press-man corner and we run primarily a man coverage defense.    And yes, he's the nickel. Why would he "ne

13 hours ago, TWR said:

How the fuck does he look the most comfortable there- he didn’t play a single snap there last year. 

Based on college tape. Fulton hasn't played an NFL snap yet, Adoree has played little in the slot and with mixed results to boot, while Butler wasn't very good in the slot when he played there. It's all a projection IMO. None of these guys are a perfect fit for the job which is why it will be interesting to see what the coaches end up doing.

Mind you, at no point have I said that this it what the coaches will do or said that Hooker WILL be the nickel. All I've said is that I like what I see in his college tape at nickel and that I hope he gets a shot at the spot. That's it.

Edited by Mythos27

12 hours ago, Soxcat said:

As for Fulton I'm sure they will utilize him as much as they can but my guess is they drafted him to be a long term replacement for Butler.  Adoree is their best CB and they will pay him and probably let Butler walk.  

This part especially. 

3 hours ago, TWR said:

The Amani Hooker for NB love is unreal. They held this secret weapon back last year when we needed it most!

You talk as though you coach for the Titans. You have no idea what they're going to do with the personnel and your arrogance about it is stupid. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Stay up Cain! I want you fools to remember what you said when KF tries to play nickel. 

He's a bust -- plain and simple. 

He's a bust before ever setting foot on the field or going through a real NFL offseason program? Sounds rational.

5 hours ago, oldschool said:

He's a bust before ever setting foot on the field or going through a real NFL offseason program? Sounds rational.

What is this, Judge Judy? Should I reword it to say, "I believe KF will bust?" You know what I meant. 

Honestly, I think he'll eventually be a contributing starter, but he won't live up to his hype or draft position AND it most certainly won't be "contributing starter" at the NB position. 

19 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

What is this, Judge Judy? Should I reword it to say, "I believe KF will bust?" You know what I meant. 

Honestly, I think he'll eventually be a contributing starter, but he won't live up to his hype or draft position AND it most certainly won't be "contributing starter" at the NB position. 

Ccontributing starter =/= bust. At worst it means he underachived like Davis. And Fulton was a last 2nd so starter is all you should expect, anything more is gravy.

54 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Silly stuff

15 minutes ago, Maker84 said:

Safe to say the secondary is gonna be a major weakness on this team. Let's hope the improved pass rush can hide them. Not one guy outside of maybe Adoree who can really cover people

Byard?

Malcolm was playing well up until he got hurt. 

Then obviously we don’t know about Fulton, so best to reserve judgement no?

2 hours ago, Maker84 said:

Safe to say the secondary is gonna be a major weakness on this team. Let's hope the improved pass rush can hide them. Not one guy outside of maybe Adoree who can really cover people

I am genuinely curious why you would think that secondary will be a MAJOR weakness? 

Our only major weakness from last year is gone in Ryan. I would expect Fulton to play better in coverage than Ryan did in 2019. Hell, Jackson might be a better nickel cover guy than Ryan. 

I expect our pass rush to be much much better would should make everyone in the secondary look better. It's okay to not be super bullish on the secondary,  but to call them a major weakness is pure hyperbole.