Who's the NB? Kristian Fulton game footage

SleepingTitan

12 minutes ago, Callidus said:

No doubt they are not twins. I was just saying that sounded quite a bit like adore.

Gonna be interesting to see what the coaches decide given that none of our top 3 corners seems like a true nickel. I know he wasn't good there before but a switch to nickle might extend Butler's career if he embraced it. He's always been ultra competitive playing underneath routes and he's a solid tackler.  

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Laughable. 

Also, they had to run zone more than they wanted to because our corners got decimated and we ended up with scrubs starting at corner toward the end, so had to play zone against high powered offenses t

What do you mean you think he'll do better in our zone schemes?   He's a press-man corner and we run primarily a man coverage defense.    And yes, he's the nickel. Why would he "ne

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

I know it's just highlights but his feel for underneath zones and instincts in the video is uncanny; I hope we take a long look at him at NB and see what we have.

They need to let Hooker compete for the nickel job. Even if he doesn’t win it, I can easily see him doing the job whenever one of the top 3 CBs misses time with an injury. Also, he can still be the dime back even if he doesn’t win the nickel job.

Of course Johnathan Joseph is in the mix now, too.

8 hours ago, TWR said:

Jesus. Christ. Amani Hooker is not going to be our NB. Maybe in big nickel , 3 S and Dime looks yes. But he’s not about be asked to go

out and cover opposing slot WRs. They didn’t have him do it last year when we were more than injured at the position and they just drafted 2 CBs, and added a 95 year old vet. 

Hooker is being developed to replace Vaccaro after this upcoming season. He will play sub packages but he will not be our NB. 

If there staff decides that NB isn't the spot for him that's fine. All that's being said is that from what we've seen so far, out of all the corners he looks the best/most comfortable in the slot. Calm your titties. 

27 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

If anyone pays attention they can see that Fulton is not a great tackler.  Sure, he might have utility in covering WRs but there is no indication he has great instincts as an inside player.  This was one of the arguments we had concerning Diggs.  Neither Fulton or Diggs was deserving of our 1st round pick for that reason.  When you get to the 2nd round you can't be as picky and have to compromise.   

I see Fulton playing in 3 WR sets outside or inside (Adoree possibly moving inside) but Hooker would be more of the big NB similar to going with 3 safeties.  

I don't see adore being moved inside. He is very good at this point but he plays exclusively on one side on the outside. His biggest weakness since the start is he sucks on short quick routes. Not a good trait for a slot guy.

Jury is out on fulton since we saw almost none of him playing it in college. 

Butler sucked as a nb at ne. 

15 hours ago, TWR said:

Jesus. Christ. Amani Hooker is not going to be our NB. Maybe in big nickel , 3 S and Dime looks yes. But he’s not about be asked to go

out and cover opposing slot WRs. They didn’t have him do it last year when we were more than injured at the position and they just drafted 2 CBs, and added a 95 year old vet. 

Hooker is being developed to replace Vaccaro after this upcoming season. He will play sub packages but he will not be our NB. 

I think you're right. I'm sure he will be put there as the secondary gets sorted out, but it would be a mistake to force that on him. Not a good fit imo either. 

I believe Chris Jackson will ultimately secure the NB job. Fulton and Adoree on the outside. Hooker to replace Vacc. If they gel and support each other's weaknesses, that's a decent secondary...but it's gonna get worse before it gets better. 

Edited by SleepingTitan

On 5/13/2020 at 8:16 AM, Mythos27 said:

If there staff decides that NB isn't the spot for him that's fine. All that's being said is that from what we've seen so far, out of all the corners he looks the best/most comfortable in the slot. Calm your titties. 

How the fuck does he look the most comfortable there- he didn’t play a single snap there last year. 

37 minutes ago, TWR said:

How the fuck does he look the most comfortable there- he didn’t play a single snap there last year. 

Nm. Thought we were talking about Fulton who is actually the nickel corner. 

Edited by tgo

15 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He’s talking about college tape. Mythos is a junky when it comes to cut ups. 

As am I. I’ve watched a lot of Hookers tape and he does well in the box, he does well  with TEs and backs. The staff didn’t think he could play vs slot WRs last season when we were down to Brock , Ryan, Simms and Kareem Orr...  There’s a reason for that. Again, Hooker will be our replacement for KV24, and probably will offer us better coverage and interchangeability at S when that happens but we aren’t going to consistently ask Hooker out of the blue to just start covering essentially the fastest and shiftiest WRs on the opposing team in some sort of consistent /starter capacity. 

2 minutes ago, TWR said:

As am I. I’ve watched a lot of Hookers tape and he does well in the box, he does well  with TEs and backs. The staff didn’t think he could play vs slot WRs last season when we were down to Brock , Ryan, Simms and Kareem Orr...  There’s a reason for that. Again, Hooker will be our replacement for KV24, and probably will offer us better coverage and interchangeability at S when that happens but we aren’t going to consistently ask Hooker out of the blue to just start covering essentially the fastest and shiftiest WRs on the opposing team in some sort of consistent /starter capacity. 

Agreed. He’ll get looks against teams who want to run base a ton when we go nickel. He won’t see the field at all really against teams who run a lot of 21 except in particular packages on base downs. 

He is an instinctive player though with pretty good upside because of his play recognition and ball skills. 

With that said, I see no reason he shouldn’t get a look in training camp as somewhat of a rotating nickel. 

I’ll somewhat agree with that- anyone expecting Hooker to play Logan Ryan’s role will be off. Hooker will be our S in 3S looks/packages and can be a big nickel player etc in base i suppose  but most likely Fulton replaces Ryan and everything else in the secondary remains pretty much the same 

1 minute ago, TWR said:

I’ll somewhat agree with that- anyone expecting Hooker to play Logan Ryan’s role will be off. Hooker will be our S in 3S looks/packages and can be a big nickel player etc in base i suppose  but most likely Fulton replaces Ryan and everything else in the secondary remains pretty much the same 

It depends on how Fulton adjusts to the role. We play a ton of nickel against base sets. I think we will play quite a bit of big nickel this year.