Sorry, but I have got to ask.

Number9

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Titans better hope it's played without fans. Then the crowd won't be a majority of the opposition team at Nissan

Just need 3 empty seats between every fan.  Jacksonville has been preparing for this for years

I think so. Itll be in empty stadiums most likely

23 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

I don’t see much change. Stands will be filled, even if its from other teams fans again. Maybe more hand sanitizer availability and usage. New bathrooms set up with foot pedal/automatic flushing and automatic door opening. People will be more aware of how germs are spread. 

Yeah... but you know once things start to go back to looking normal again those idiots who never wash their hands after taking a piss will go right back to that behavior. Hell, people still do that shit even with all that's happened.

This also begs the question... who's gonna eat the peanuts at the bar now? Or will bars start to invest in "peanut dispensers"?

I moved to NYC from Nashville 2 years back. All I know is that I know 8 people dead, all friends of family members or family members of my friends. As young as 25.

I know we live on top of each other here but I thought it was crazy when they said like 70 percent of people are going to get it, but now I get it. At the end of the day I think it's going to be up to people's willingness to risk their health.

3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Yeah... but you know once things start to go back to looking normal again those idiots who never wash their hands after taking a piss will go right back to that behavior. Hell, people still do that shit even with all that's happened.

This also begs the question... who's gonna eat the peanuts at the bar now? Or will bars start to invest in "peanut dispensers"?

Probably bring them to customers as requested instead of sitting out there all the time. I seeing a lot of small changes from restaurants and stores vs a few huge changes. As far as people go, you’re probably right. They will go back to their version of “normal” a few weeks after the restrictions are lifted. 

There's no fucking way there will be any football being played anywhere until every player has had a vaccine or, if the NFLPA and health authorities agree to it as an option, has successfully completed a herd immunity protocol.

Otherwise, the liabilities are too much.

Edited by Denali

3 minutes ago, Denali said:

There's no fucking way there will be any football being played anywhere until every player has had a vaccine or, if the NFLPA and health authorities agree to it as an option, has successfully completed a herd immunity protocol.

Otherwise, the liabilities are too much.

The Players association will free the league from liability in the form of a union vote. Fans in attendance will either sign a waiver upon admittance or more like likely do so in mass while teams consistently announce the dangers to attendees in mass broadcasting messages.

The NFL will implement a pregame and postgame testing regimen that sounds good and will undoubtedly hold up in court but that in truth will prevent nothing. 

Neither the teams or the players would readily forfeit a year’s revenue or salary. The hard to predict part is wtf happens when cases spike again in mid October. That’s when shit will get interesting!

I think there will probably be pro football but no fans in the stands. It would be nothing but an infection hazard.

I don’t think there will be a college football season because campuses won’t be able to open this fall. The virus would spread like wildfire on college campuses.

8 minutes ago, Cajuntitan said:

The Players association will free the league from liability in the form of a union vote.

What about medical insurance?  What about liabilities for people the players come in contact with outside of football?  What about the people their families come into contact with?  Etc ...

It extends beyond just the players themselves.

That's why I had said that, in the absence of a vaccine, the health authorities would also have to be on board with whatever protocol the NFLPA and the league agree to.

And the declaration by the health authorities would have to be binding by law when it comes to insurance, court cases, etc...

Without a vaccine, no one sees any other option other than some form of herd immunity.  And that goes for the rest of society as well.

Edited by Denali

I believe that PSL holders and only PSL Holders should be able to attend the games, and they should social distance while there for the entire football stadium. On top of that I would hope they would pump fake crowd noise in the stadium to simulate it being a full house 

37 minutes ago, Denali said:

What about medical insurance?  What about liabilities for people the players come in contact with outside of football?  What about the people their families come into contact with?  Etc ...

It extends beyond just the players themselves.

That's why I had said that, in the absence of a vaccine, the health authorities would also have to be on board with whatever protocol the NFLPA and the league agree to.

And the declaration by the health authorities would have to be binding by law when it comes to insurance, court cases, etc...

Without a vaccine, no one sees any other option other than some form of herd immunity.  And that goes for the rest of society as well.

All well said and well thought out. My prediction is simply that greed wins out over pragmatism nine times out of ten. The league will lawyer up and cover their liabilities with testing, waivers, and additional legal kung-fu. 

No vaccine will be available until the summer of 2021, and that’s a best case scenario. We’ve been waiting on an HIV vaccination for over 30 years, so there are no guarantees. And at present there are several conflicting reports about whether having covid-19 even produces enough antibodies to render one immune to a second bout, as well as other reports about whether antibodies from this stuff at any level prevent reinfection. The science is all well behind the realities we’re currently facing.

The infection and death rates will continue to decline throughout the summer, making it all the easier to justify “getting back to normal.” Mass vaccination and herd immunity are both the end results we all desire, but the only road that takes us to herd immunity lies down a path of “best intentions,” which with the reopening of 7 states today we are already starting the journey towards.

44 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

I believe that PSL holders and only PSL Holders should be able to attend the games, and they should social distance while there for the entire football stadium. On top of that I would hope they would pump fake crowd noise in the stadium to simulate it being a full house 

This may be the best idea for the crowd, in Nashville.  They probably have about 30-35K PSL holders who would come.  But what about GB, Pitt, LV, NO, DALLAS and other perennially sold out stadiums.

27 minutes ago, Cajuntitan said:

We’ve been waiting on an HIV vaccination for over 30 years, so there are no guarantees.

Much more avoidable and according to TV commercials they have a drug you can take that will block it and one that kills it.