Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Starkiller

53 man roster after the draft

Recommended Posts

I’ve actually only got 52 but it’s flexible.
 

OFFENSE (23)

QB (2) Tannehill, ?

I don’t see Woodside as a likely backup. I’m guessing they sign a veteran like Bortles.

 

RB (4) Henry, Evans, ?, Blasingame

They will need to sign a veteran backup RB

 

WR (6) Brown, Davis, Humphries, Raymond, ?, ?

Will they keep 5 or 6? Guys like Batson and Hollister are currently competing with a bunch of UDFAs. Could add a veteran.

 

TE (3) Jonnu, Pruitt, Firkser

They could keep a 4th if someone wins the job in camp but the top 3 seems locked.

 

OL (8) Lewan, Saffold, Jones, Davis, Wilson, Kelly, Sambrailo, Douglas

Wilson and Kelly vying for the starting job. 

 

 

DEFENSE (26)

DL (5) Simmons, Jones, Murchison, Crawford, ?

Mack, Dickerson, Bledsoe, Ivie, plus UDFAs will compete for a roster spot

 

OLB (6) Landry, Beasley, Correa, Walker, Roberson, Gilbert (Clowney?)

Seems unlikely anyone else makes it. If they do add Clowney then maybe they cut someone.

 

ILB (4) Evans, Brown, Long, Dzubnar

Correa could also play here if there were injuries.

 

CB (6) Butler, Adoree, Fulton, Tye Smith, Milton, Orr

I’m giving Milton an edge over Orr for special teams. 

 

S (5) Byard, Vaccaro, Hooker, Cruikshank, Kalu

Kalu mostly for special teams

 

 

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

Kern, Joseph, Brinkley

Pending a kicking competition...

Edited by Starkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds about right only thing is I think mack is a lock for a spot. Should also have the qb we drafted on there. He has a chance 2 make it. 

 

Edited by Callidus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fluellen is a FA @Starkiller

 

Kalu is more of a corner than safety, but can play both. Was on the corner depth chart most recently I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Sounds about right only thing is I think mack is a lock for a spot. Should also have the qb we drafted on there. He has a chance 2 make it. 

 


Mack didn’t get many snaps down the stretch. He can certainly make the roster, but no lock.

 

The QB we drafted has no real chance to make it. PS at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we do get Clowney, is there a world where he can play inside if we have an injury? The step down from our top 2 is pretty large and I would think getting creative by bringing some extra edge rushers on like Correa or Beasley to let Clowney move in would make us better than David Long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Fluellen is a FA @Starkiller

 

Kalu is more of a corner than safety, but can play both. Was on the corner depth chart most recently I believe. 


Did we not tender him as a RFA?

 

Kalu is mostly just a special teams guy anyway so hopefully it will never matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m wondering if they’re planning a bigger role for Raymond next season.  He played very well in the limited snaps last season and a speedster is something pretty much everyone thinks the team would be better for having.  I thought they’d look to upgrade the position but maybe they were impressed last year and plan on featuring him more? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mercalius said:

I’m wondering if they’re planning a bigger role for Raymond next season.  He played very well in the limited snaps last season and a speedster is something pretty much everyone thinks the team would be better for having.  I thought they’d look to upgrade the position but maybe they were impressed last year and plan on featuring him more? 


I see Raymond getting more snaps. Of course someone like Batson could beat him, too, but both have good speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:


Mack didn’t get many snaps down the stretch. He can certainly make the roster, but no lock.

 

The QB we drafted has no real chance to make it. PS at best.

I did not say he was a lock. I said I think he is. Just like you think everyone you listed as on the roster will make it. 

 

As for cole I just said I would have listed him not that he was likely.

Edited by Callidus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

I’m wondering if they’re planning a bigger role for Raymond next season.  He played very well in the limited snaps last season and a speedster is something pretty much everyone thinks the team would be better for having.  I thought they’d look to upgrade the position but maybe they were impressed last year and plan on featuring him more? 

Seeing as they didn’t draft or trade for one I would think this has to be the plan. He did have some really nice catches down the stretch, especially the TD against Baltimore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one guy who always makes it and I have no idea why is Dickerson.  He must show more in practice.

 

There's probably another spot open at ILB.  Can't imagine they only go with the first 3.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Starkiller said:


Did we not tender him as a RFA?

 

Kalu is mostly just a special teams guy anyway so hopefully it will never matter

 

Nope dont think we tendered any RFAs. To my knowledge anyway - someone can correct me if I’m wrong. 

 

And yeah, exactly, ST only except in emergencies he could play either. Kalu did play a few series at corner last year down the stretch when we were desperate in a game due to injuries. I noticed he was playing way off the WRs and playing zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rns90 said:

The one guy who always makes it and I have no idea why is Dickerson.  He must show more in practice.

 

There's probably another spot open at ILB.  Can't imagine they only go with the first 3.

 

 

 

He’s a really solid two gapper on early downs. Run player only. Basically just clogs up two gaps at times. He did make a couple plays last year down the stretch. 

 

But he’s only a reserve/rotational guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Nope dont think we tendered any RFAs. To my knowledge anyway - someone can correct me if I’m wrong.


Ha, didn’t realize Flu was gone. I’ll edit the RB roster.

 

Plenty of solid vet RBs out there though

Edited by Starkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Titans paid Cameron Scarlett 20K in guaranteed money and he did catch 25 passes out of the backfield last year, so they must see something they like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...