53 man roster after the draft

Starkiller

I’ve actually only got 52 but it’s flexible.

OFFENSE (23)

QB (2) Tannehill, ?

I don’t see Woodside as a likely backup. I’m guessing they sign a veteran like Bortles.

RB (4) Henry, Evans, ?, Blasingame

They will need to sign a veteran backup RB

WR (6) Brown, Davis, Humphries, Raymond, ?, ?

Will they keep 5 or 6? Guys like Batson and Hollister are currently competing with a bunch of UDFAs. Could add a veteran.

TE (3) Jonnu, Pruitt, Firkser

They could keep a 4th if someone wins the job in camp but the top 3 seems locked.

OL (8) Lewan, Saffold, Jones, Davis, Wilson, Kelly, Sambrailo, Douglas

Wilson and Kelly vying for the starting job. 

DEFENSE (26)

DL (5) Simmons, Jones, Murchison, Crawford, ?

Mack, Dickerson, Bledsoe, Ivie, plus UDFAs will compete for a roster spot

OLB (6) Landry, Beasley, Correa, Walker, Roberson, Gilbert (Clowney?)

Seems unlikely anyone else makes it. If they do add Clowney then maybe they cut someone.

ILB (4) Evans, Brown, Long, Dzubnar

Correa could also play here if there were injuries.

CB (6) Butler, Adoree, Fulton, Tye Smith, Milton, Orr

I’m giving Milton an edge over Orr for special teams. 

S (5) Byard, Vaccaro, Hooker, Cruikshank, Kalu

Kalu mostly for special teams

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

Kern, Joseph, Brinkley

Pending a kicking competition...

Edited by Starkiller

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blassingame isn’t expendable. He was an excellent FB last year. A way better lead blocker than any of our TEs have been.

Went back and looked up his predraft notes:   3/12/2019 Pro Day: RB Khari Blasingame, Vanderbilt ‍ 6'0"/233 = Ht/Wt 4.55 = 40-time 2.61/1.52 = 20-yard/10-yard splits

Blasingame is way more likely to make the roster than Dawkins if they keep 3 RB's. He can play both positions, very versatile. Like tgo said though, they can carry them all if they want

4 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Sounds about right only thing is I think mack is a lock for a spot. Should also have the qb we drafted on there. He has a chance 2 make it. 

Mack didn’t get many snaps down the stretch. He can certainly make the roster, but no lock.

The QB we drafted has no real chance to make it. PS at best.

If we do get Clowney, is there a world where he can play inside if we have an injury? The step down from our top 2 is pretty large and I would think getting creative by bringing some extra edge rushers on like Correa or Beasley to let Clowney move in would make us better than David Long. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Fluellen is a FA @Starkiller

Kalu is more of a corner than safety, but can play both. Was on the corner depth chart most recently I believe. 

Did we not tender him as a RFA?

Kalu is mostly just a special teams guy anyway so hopefully it will never matter

I’m wondering if they’re planning a bigger role for Raymond next season.  He played very well in the limited snaps last season and a speedster is something pretty much everyone thinks the team would be better for having.  I thought they’d look to upgrade the position but maybe they were impressed last year and plan on featuring him more? 

1 minute ago, Mercalius said:

I’m wondering if they’re planning a bigger role for Raymond next season.  He played very well in the limited snaps last season and a speedster is something pretty much everyone thinks the team would be better for having.  I thought they’d look to upgrade the position but maybe they were impressed last year and plan on featuring him more? 

I see Raymond getting more snaps. Of course someone like Batson could beat him, too, but both have good speed.

4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Mack didn’t get many snaps down the stretch. He can certainly make the roster, but no lock.

The QB we drafted has no real chance to make it. PS at best.

I did not say he was a lock. I said I think he is. Just like you think everyone you listed as on the roster will make it. 

As for cole I just said I would have listed him not that he was likely.

Edited by Callidus

5 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

Seeing as they didn’t draft or trade for one I would think this has to be the plan. He did have some really nice catches down the stretch, especially the TD against Baltimore. 

The one guy who always makes it and I have no idea why is Dickerson.  He must show more in practice.

There's probably another spot open at ILB.  Can't imagine they only go with the first 3.

6 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Did we not tender him as a RFA?

Kalu is mostly just a special teams guy anyway so hopefully it will never matter

Nope dont think we tendered any RFAs. To my knowledge anyway - someone can correct me if I’m wrong. 

And yeah, exactly, ST only except in emergencies he could play either. Kalu did play a few series at corner last year down the stretch when we were desperate in a game due to injuries. I noticed he was playing way off the WRs and playing zone.

Just now, rns90 said:

The one guy who always makes it and I have no idea why is Dickerson.  He must show more in practice.

There's probably another spot open at ILB.  Can't imagine they only go with the first 3.

He’s a really solid two gapper on early downs. Run player only. Basically just clogs up two gaps at times. He did make a couple plays last year down the stretch. 

But he’s only a reserve/rotational guy.

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Nope dont think we tendered any RFAs. To my knowledge anyway - someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Ha, didn’t realize Flu was gone. I’ll edit the RB roster.

Plenty of solid vet RBs out there though

Edited by Starkiller