2020 Draft Recap Thread

Jonboy

2020 Draft Thoughts  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Overall Grade?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2020 at 02:00 AM

Just now, IrishTitansFan said:

There is a near universal feeling among GM's/HC's that this was their most enjoyable draft by far. Could easily see some teams doing it from home in the future or atleast incorporating way more of what we saw this year

Certainly sounds like that there will be a lot less travel involved in the pre-draft process, I still think we will see the core decision makers still drafting from the teams facility going forward though.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course they gave him a multi year contract... he’s a draft pick. That doesn’t even mean he is going to make the team. 

We are top 5 but we are below average. I get it..........................

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Looks like JRob is going to use a lot more virtual aspects in his scouting process going forward.

Honestly it’s well past time for this. Video chats are insanely easy and there is no travel involved.

Sometimes they want to do workouts so it needs to be in person, but just doing player interviews is perfect for this. 

1 hour ago, Omar said:

IMO you absolutely take the risk and pick up Davis 5th year option. This kid still has a ton of potential, we know he was injured last season, and the QB play has been not good through his tenure. 

Under what scenario is he worth 15M in 2021?

7 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Under what scenario is he worth 15M in 2021?

Like I said before if comes out and has an allpro year then it could be worth it. At least to make sure we could trade him.  Outside of something crazy like that it is a hard no on it. 

How great could this draft could have been if they would have exercised Conklin’s 5th year option? Could have taken Blacklock to replace Casey. 

After trading up to get him and being all pro his rookie season ...giving up on Conklin might be JRob’s biggest mistake. Don’t do it again with Davis! He’s a solid #2

On 4/27/2020 at 5:23 PM, IrishTitansFan said:

There is a near universal feeling among GM's/HC's that this was their most enjoyable draft by far. Could easily see some teams doing it from home in the future or atleast incorporating way more of what we saw this year

I don't know if thats the sentiment Ive gathered exactly, but I think many coaches and front office personnel realized that a lot of the stress and sheer workload that they put into the pre-draft process is unnecessary and gives them a bunch of "information" they really don't use anyway. I think moving forward teams will work more efficiently.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic