3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I still wish we had signed Blankenship. Having the 53rd rated K is uninspiring.

Greg Joseph is likely better than any college kicker we can bring in. He did hit 17/20 his only year with the browns.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

On first glance it does seem an underwhelming crop of UDFA, Kristian Wilkerson is intriguing but other than that not much to get excited about.

The whole draft and udfa class is underwhelming to me. I don't hate our draft class, just isn't as exciting as the past couple years.

Signing Clowney would definitely make up for it. Was hoping to snag a bigger vertical threat WR, another solid corner, and a different project QB.

8 minutes ago, Guts said:

The whole draft and udfa class is underwhelming to me. I don't hate our draft class, just isn't as exciting as the past couple years.

Signing Clowney would definitely make up for it. Was hoping to snag a bigger vertical threat WR, another solid corner, and a different project QB.

Those first 4 picks might not be the sexiest of picks but they are pretty solid football players who fit well with what the team needed and they will be able to come in and help this season.

One disappointment from the draft is the lack of picks in the top 150 resulted in not being able to draft a WR in a pretty solid and deep WR class.

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Those first 4 picks might not be the sexiest of picks but they are pretty solid football players who fit well with what the team needed and they will be able to come in and help this season.

One disappointment from the draft is the lack of picks in the top 150 resulted in not being able to draft a WR in a pretty solid and deep WR class.

I'm fine with the first 3, the back half was less excited about. It's just being nit-picky 

Garrett has a shot at #4 ilb.. and if one of these receivers has speed maybe he can be the # 5 receiver, replacing Sharpe or Jennings.. 

Edited by Nash

Would like to see us take a shot at Jeff a Thomas for speed. The QB play he had to deal with at Miami was criminal. 

Edited by AvgJoe

Garrett, Kinsey, Wilkerson, Scarlett, Smith have a chance to stick I think. 

Obvioulsy only one or two of them would. Scarlett could battle it out with Dawkins and Shaun Wilson for that 3rd RB spot. 

Would be awesome to have a true badass inline blocking TE like Hudson stick but not sure if there's room for a 4th TE. 

Edited by tgo

Looking back at it, I think the McDonald pick in the 7th really blew up their 7th round plans. When they selected McDonald, they still had 3 DL/Edge prospects that we visited left on the board in Smith-Williams, Carlos Davis, and Toohill. All 3 were selected before we traded away our next pick. Gotta think they were confident one of their guys was going to be there so they pulled the trigger on McDonald with their first 7th rounder. 

7 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

They really suffered without Shurmur at QB this year. I think there was rumours that Pinkney sulked all year because he regretted not declaring in 2019

Heard that.   Why I wondered if an attitude issue dropped them.

But seemed so obvious to anyone watching that when they had a QB who could throw them the ball, Pinkney and Lipscomb excelled.  Last year was just another QB disaster  at Vandy.  Not that anyone needs reminding, but the difference in competition that a Ball State plays vs the SEC became ragingly apparent when the transfer QB from there O'Neal got his first taste.

I mention that as it is pretty important to think about this time of the year when evaluating on field performances from guys at smaller school.  Why a role player/back up guy at a SEC school  might very likely way better than a star at many schools - and few of any of them NFL roster worthy.