Titans Select OT Isaiah Wilson, Round 1, 29th Overall

Jonboy

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

In fairness you can get a good player at any position later.  Obviously the Titans had their reasons for picking him.  I just don't agree.

It's easier to get a quality starting RT later than a top tier starting OLB. RT just isn't a premium position.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the biggest reason that the Titans made this pick is they think that the talent level is deeper at corner later than at tackle.

Ban this dude! 

I'm surprised by the backlash here. Wasn't this pick kinda obvious?   He's a gigantic, run-mauling RT with a lot of upside. He fits what we do, and #29 makes way more sense for a RT than top

Posted Images

Just now, newschool said:

It's easier to get a quality starting RT later than a top tier starting OLB. RT just isn't a premium position.

I would assume if the Titans thought there was a player that made sense they'd have taken him.  

And I agree on RT.  The thing that bothers me is the reports are what a great run blocker he is.  Which is more of the same run first mentality that the franchise has had forever.  That was also Conklin's strength.  So....why not sign Conklin and improve somewhere else in the draft?

18 minutes ago, tgo said:

Can you guys imagine Wilson blocking Chaisson to the ground while Derrick Henry stiff arms Henderson into oblivion?

Can't wait. 

BR guys said he had trouble with Chaisson. 

We already had an elite run blocking left side of the line and looks like will soon be elite at it on the right side as well, but on cheap contracts. Do think they're going to need to move up for a corner tomorrow. Wonder if those stories about shopping Corey might have something to them.

Look, Kelly isn't a starting caliber RT, and we needed someone who could take over his spot very soon. 

We also need a CB, and we will almost assuredly take one in the 2nd. But there are several really good CBs still on the board. Many of us made this point over the last few weeks - there's a dropoff at OT from 1st to 2nd round, but there will be good CBs available in the 2nd. 

We will spend the next 20 hours calling teams, preparing to trade up if we need to in order to get a good CB. Diggs, Jaylon Johnson, and Kristian Fulton are all still available, and many had them down as 1st round grades. I still won't be shocked if we land one of those three. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic