Jump to content
Jonboy

Titans Select OT Isaiah Wilson, Round 1, 29th Overall

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Somedude said:

 

Most impressive person in that play is the other defender he stuck his arms through to toss his ass 10 yards. That guy didn't flinch or give a fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Most impressive person in that play is the other defender he stuck his arms through to toss his ass 10 yards. That guy didn't flinch or give a fuck.

 

Think that was Bryan Cox getting thrown like a rag doll. lol Tried to find him on the current Browns line up, but didn't see him.  2019 roster has him listed as a DE there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, tgo said:

 

The explosion and footwork is there but the lateral quickness is going to be an issue. I think he could stand to lose 15-20 pounds while maintaining his functional strength. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The explosion and footwork is there but the lateral quickness is going to be an issue. I think he could stand to lose 15-20 pounds while maintaining his functional strength. 

Yeah, I'm positive they'll get him on an nfl regimen and have him drop a bit of weight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 10 A See said:

Yeah, I'm positive they'll get him on an nfl regimen and have him drop a bit of weight. 

It’s kind of perfect timing in a way. He isn’t likely to start. I would have him drop the weight immediately and then rebuild the strength. Let him sit a few games to get him champing at the bit. But he simply can’t play at that weight with those lateral agility numbers. Get him a couple ticks quicker and you’re looking at a guy who is better in pass protection than Conklin while being a lot stronger and longer at the point of attack. 
 

Another thing I noticed with him is he keeps lunging when he finds himself out of place. I think that’s because he knows when he’s out of position he’s fucked because he doesn’t have the speed to make up for it. Let him drop 25 pounds with diet and cardio and then rebuild him back to 335 ish. The guy could become an absolute monster. His strength is off the charts along with elite reach. He also has good footwork for a man his size. It’s his hand technique that needs to be handled as well as the lateral quickness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He also has good footwork for a man his size. It’s his hand technique that needs to be handled as well as the lateral quickness. 

 

His footwork can be very inconsistent, also has a bad habit of oversetting which opens himself up to getting beaten with inside moves.

 

Honestly given the reduced offseason program and the inability for coaches to start working with him I would be really surprised if he sees the field in the first half of the season, unless we see an injury to either Kelly or Lewan that forced a reshuffle at OT.

 

There is huge long term upside for Wilson given his physical traits but he is raw right now and will need some significant technique work before he is ready to consistently handle NFL quality pass rushers.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

 

His footwork can be very inconsistent, also has a bad habit of oversetting which opens himself up to getting beaten with inside moves.

 

Honestly given the reduced offseason program and the inability for coaches to start working with him I would be really surprised if he sees the field in the first half of the season, unless we see an injury to either Kelly or Lewan that forced a reshuffle at OT.

 

There is huge long term upside for Wilson given his physical traits but he is raw right now and will need some significant technique work before he is ready to consistently handle NFL quality pass rushers.

I would think the oversetting might be fixed if he loses the weight. He looks like he is so worried about being 2 slow to the edge he over commits and that leaves him with problems on the inside. A bit more movement ability and it may correct its self 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be tough for these rookies to catch up. That probably had some affect on JR resigning Kelly and bringing in Joseph. Kelly is a placeholder until Wilson is ready. Joseph knows the system so they don't have to rush Fulton. I would lower my expectations for these rookies in year 1 all across the NFL, at least in the beginning. You might see more guys be slower to make an impact because of what's happening.

Edited by socaltitan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilson is the definition of a project. I like the guy, and I understand why we picked him, but he’s the guy you teach up and get involved in the pro style regimen before throwing him to the wolves. Kelly is perfect for this transition. Wilson won’t likely start the year, which is fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...