Titans Select OT Isaiah Wilson, Round 1, 29th Overall

Jonboy

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the biggest reason that the Titans made this pick is they think that the talent level is deeper at corner later than at tackle.

Ban this dude! 

I'm surprised by the backlash here. Wasn't this pick kinda obvious?   He's a gigantic, run-mauling RT with a lot of upside. He fits what we do, and #29 makes way more sense for a RT than top

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeamRamrod said:

Size and length can make up for a lot. Orlando Brown and Trent Brown are pretty good.

1 minute ago, Callidus said:

I saw that 2 but he has oddly good movment when blocking the 2nd level. Comes of his guy finds someone new and takes them out. So it is hard 2 tell.

Hopefully the pick works out.  Which of course means we wasted money on Kelly but i'm ok with that.

9 minutes ago, TeamRamrod said:

I appreciate that, but I have to work tomorrow unfortunately. Maybe I can make up a thread on Saturday.

Duke Manyweather and Brandon Thorn both seem to like him so that’s typically a good sign. They do tend to have a soft spot for big ass kickers though maybe to a fault sometimes.

Slacker! 

5 minutes ago, Constantine said:

Paying Kelly 8mil is a major fuck up. They looked at the roster and what did they see? On the left side you have the guy who likes to take steroids and on the right you have overpayed swing tackle who sucks and can't block shit.

Stfu clown 

Just now, abenjami said:

Hopefully the pick works out.  Which of course means we wasted money on Kelly but i'm ok with that.

They didn't waste money on Kelly.  His cap hit for year 1 was 3.5 million.  They chose to use resources for the the pass rush in FA and chose to get younger at OT and CB,  which was a strength of this draft.

13 minutes ago, abenjami said:

It's $ you are paying your RT instead of another position.  You can pay 10 for Conklin and 2 for a stud backup RB or another CB.

Or just pay 8-9 for your RT and don't have a backup RB or another CB.

yeah but that's not the problem. The problem was signing Tannehill, Henry and Conklin while going after Clowney. They would've been hard pressed to do that. So they figured they'd let Conklin walk and use the money they'd allocated for their draft on a tackle thus essentially freeing up that cash to go after Clowney.

Edited by reo

Just now, abenjami said:

I hated the pick and am still on the fence if he will work out. I trust jrob but ya I still don't get it. Just trying to find upside and form a opinion of a guy I had not looked into till we drafted him.

9 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Pretty sure everybody wanted Keith Carter fired by week 5. 

He has a job on his hands now.  Wilson has a lot of potential past just starting this year.  Wilson's young and he has to develop him because he's not getting anybody else.  

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

They didn't waste money on Kelly.  His cap hit for year 1 was 3.5 million.  They chose to use resources for the the pass rush in FA and chose to get younger at OT and CB,  which was a strength of this draft.

3.5 this year but 6.5 next year and they can't get out.  His deal is almost 12 for 2.

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

I wouldn’t say it’s wasted. He likely starts with the shortened offseason, and he’s definitely one of the most versatile swing tackles in the league. 

I actually liked the Kelly signing, but only because I assumed that meant we were going a different direction with #29.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic