Titans Select OT Isaiah Wilson, Round 1, 29th Overall

Jonboy

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the biggest reason that the Titans made this pick is they think that the talent level is deeper at corner later than at tackle.

Ban this dude! 

I'm surprised by the backlash here. Wasn't this pick kinda obvious?   He's a gigantic, run-mauling RT with a lot of upside. He fits what we do, and #29 makes way more sense for a RT than top

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Righteous said:

This offseason seems like one big reach after another.  I normally try to stay positive, but I cannot see where we have improved.  It just seems like we are making reactionary decisions.

So we lose Conklin, Casey, Johnson, Sharpe, Ryan, etc.  And we pay Tannehill more money than any other QB in FA...then fill holes with Beasley, Crawford and Sambrillo?  It seems every other team is getting better and we are reaching at every position to cover for overpaying Tannehill.  This team is not better today than it was last year.  No one is excited about any move that was made this offseason.  At best we try to justify it.  

Exactly. A year and a half ago we were benching our RB, hoping our QB would make a big leap forward. Now we're basing our entire team on a new QB and that RB we benched cause he had a "come to Jesus" talk with Eddie George. Corners still ain't worth a fuck. Dline is not better. Simmons and Casey cancel each other out (at this point.)

I'm not hopeful for more than a wildcard. Colts take the division and we're fighting for the WC. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Defenses are getting smaller and faster every year. Our defense is kind of trending that way so far too. 

But our offense can buck the trend and be like a herd of elephants running through buzzing flies. 

I am fairly sure that if had a offensive player weign in we would have 2 be one of the heaviest. Even more so when you just go with skill guys.

11 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I mentioned it more in regards to Swift, but I’ve seen a good bit of Georgia games the last few years. Wilson can absolutely annihilate his man. But what I like the most is he l put in a ton of effort to get better each year. Wilson absolutely sucked when he first got to GA comparatively speaking. Slow and didn’t use his power. He improved a ton. He is a better pass blocker than Conklin. Personally, having seen them both play, Wilson will possibly be better in the NFL than Andrew Thomas. Thomas is a finished product. Wilson still has some untapped potential.

From reading about him, I was starting to wonder if he might still be there in round two.  But what you are saying just keeps popping out.  He young and really just starting to learn the position, but he has played his way into the first round of the NFL in two years.  I would be overjoyed if I heard you guys giving more praise to Kieth Carter.  A lot is going to depend on him and how well he develops Wilson.

10 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

People who hated this pick REALLY seem to hate it. I bet they felt like this guy when Goodell announced it.

Wilson seems to be a perfect complement for Lewan on the other side of the OL. Both of them are bruisers that will bring the pain. :biggrin:

18 minutes ago, tgo said:

Ever heard of: Clowney, Jadeveon?

Oh the guy we haven't signed yet? Besides we need OLB help behind Beasley and Landry even if we do land Clowney. God forbid we don't we are screwed. Our pass rush in the playoffs was awful.

1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Idk... just seems like people expect big splash moves every year like the Evans and Landry trade up draft or they expect a monster talent like Simmons to just fall in our laps.

Maybe in a normal year this draft would have fallen differently, but it is what it is. Stop freaking out over a damn tackle at 29. We still got two more days of draft day fun to get through.

Good point.  This is at 29 too.  There is no big difference between a player selected at maybe the mid 40s and 29.

6 minutes ago, Number9 said:

From reading about him, I was starting to wonder if he might still be there in round two.  But what you are saying just keeps popping out.  He young and really just starting to learn the position, but he has played his way into the first round of the NFL in two years.  I would be overjoyed if I heard you guys giving more praise to Kieth Carter.  A lot is going to depend on him and how well he develops Wilson.

Pretty sure everybody wanted Keith Carter fired by week 5. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic