Titans Select OT Isaiah Wilson, Round 1, 29th Overall

Jonboy

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the biggest reason that the Titans made this pick is they think that the talent level is deeper at corner later than at tackle.

Ban this dude! 

I'm surprised by the backlash here. Wasn't this pick kinda obvious?   He's a gigantic, run-mauling RT with a lot of upside. He fits what we do, and #29 makes way more sense for a RT than top

Posted Images

1 minute ago, No1TitansFan said:

We already had an elite run blocking left side of the line and looks like will soon be elite at it on the right side as well, but on cheap contracts. Do think they're going to need to move up for a corner tomorrow. Wonder if those stories about shopping Corey might have something to them.

I'd hope not but it's very possible. This offense doesn't really need 3 starting WRs in Davis, Brown and Humphries.

10 minutes ago, Titan_Aussie said:

I just dont get drafting a project tackle in the 1st round when you already gave Kelly 8m to start and you were a game from the SB, especially with 2-3 good CBs there. Ill wait and see but it just doesnt feel like a good pick.

Same here. I really was banking on a corner but someone mentioned the corner class is deep in this draft. Personally i'd try and get a couple corners.

Will never forget in 2017 when Jax ended up bringing in Bouye in FA then drafting Ramsey i knew right then they were gonna be a killer pass D

I'd love to bolster the corner depth and upgrade the pass rush after all Mahomes is what ultimately stood in our way to Super Bowl

Just now, tgo said:

@SleepingTitan

I said this before the draft started: The media is mistaken on Wilson and are too low on him. 

You trust some amateur PFF "analyst" more than Jon Fucking Robinson?

Look. I love Wilson as prospect. Just not in round 1. I hope I'm wrong. It just feels like a long-term move based on his upside and not on his current ability. 

I feel like we can get right back to the AFC Championship. We beat SB champs and favorites last year and were up on the SB winners. 

The one thing I can say about Wilson is that -- even though he appears to have holes in pass pro -- those holes appeared against some of the best front 7's in college ball. 

I've been screaming for Jamal Adams and Ramsey's of the world for so long, my voice is getting hoarse. 

5 minutes ago, reo said:

I'd have preferred that too but the answer is pretty obvious as well.... $$$

It's really not though when you look at the numbers.  Conklin's deal is 30/3.  They are paying Kelly 12/2 and the rookie will cost 2+ a year.

So pay 10 for Conklin and keep your first round pick, or pay 8-9 for Kelly and the rookie.

Edited by abenjami

1 minute ago, Oiler FANatic said:

That's only because what they're doing is different than what everyone else is doing. Just because all of the other teams are going all in with their passing game doesn't necessarily mean that it's the best way to win in today's NFL. They deserve tons of credit for bucking the modern trend.

Defenses are getting smaller and faster every year. Our defense is kind of trending that way so far too. 

But our offense can buck the trend and be like a herd of elephants running through buzzing flies. 

This offseason seems like one big reach after another.  I normally try to stay positive, but I cannot see where we have improved.  It just seems like we are making reactionary decisions.

So we lose Conklin, Casey, Johnson, Sharpe, Ryan, etc.  And we pay Tannehill more money than any other QB in FA...then fill holes with Beasley, Crawford and Sambrillo?  It seems every other team is getting better and we are reaching at every position to cover for overpaying Tannehill.  This team is not better today than it was last year.  No one is excited about any move that was made this offseason.  At best we try to justify it.  

I just can't stand seeing BWW, Tye Smith, Butler, etc etc etc getting torched year after year. We control the ball, seem to be winning then boom one play and our defense is right back on the field. You keep doing that, and you pass rush goes to shit. Then all of a sudden, everybody is pointing to pass rush so you pay a Clowney and Wake and Urban and draft Simmons. But you still can't cover. 

2 minutes ago, abenjami said:

It's really not though when you look at the numbers.  Conklin's deal is 30/3.  They are paying Kelly 12/2 and the rookie will cost 2+ a year.

So pay 10 for Conklin and keep your first round pick, or pay 8-9 for Kelly and the rookie.

except it's not really $ for $. The money for Wilson was going to be used either way, just at a different position if we'd drafted someone else.

13 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I mentioned it more in regards to Swift, but I’ve seen a good bit of Georgia games the last few years. Wilson can absolutely annihilate his man. But what I like the most is he l put in a ton of effort to get better each year. Wilson absolutely sucked when he first got to GA comparatively speaking. Slow and didn’t use his power. He improved a ton. He is a better pass blocker than Conklin. Personally, having seen them both play, Wilson will possibly be better in the NFL than Andrew Thomas. Thomas is a finished product. Wilson still has some untapped potential.

Chaisson got one of his few sacks against him. Literally little leagued him. 

35 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I just can't get excited about this.  I think pass rush is the biggest need, even if they sign Clowney.  I feel like this pick is treading water from last year.

Im not digging in on you, as I didn’t want him either, but if we are treading water from how our line performed down the stretch then that would be huge.

Like I said in the draft thread, if he can keep our line humming along and we sign Clowney then overall it’s a huge upgrade to the team versus signing Conklin. Who would you honestly rather have if you had your choice, Clowney and Wilson or Conklin and Espenesa? Personally I’m taking the former in a heartbeat. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic