Titans Select OT Isaiah Wilson, Round 1, 29th Overall

Jonboy

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the biggest reason that the Titans made this pick is they think that the talent level is deeper at corner later than at tackle.

Ban this dude! 

I'm surprised by the backlash here. Wasn't this pick kinda obvious?   He's a gigantic, run-mauling RT with a lot of upside. He fits what we do, and #29 makes way more sense for a RT than top

Posted Images

Just now, rns90 said:

What did you want them to do again?  I don't remember.  Was it more pass rush?

Yes.  I am not a believer in their pass rush.  I wasn't last year and really haven't been in a long, long time.  I think that the biggest issue with the DBs in the championship game was that no one could get to Mahomes.  And what have they done to improve it?  They signed one guy but to me Beasley is more of the same as Landry.  Now if they sign Clowney I'll be happy with the improvements they made there.  But until then I think they're lacking.

You can survive with mediocre play at right tackle.  Teams struggle there annually and still win.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

I think the biggest reason that the Titans made this pick is they think that the talent level is deeper at corner later than at tackle.

No, it's b/c they lost their starting RT in FA and it was their biggest need.

At corner, their starters are Butler and Jackson. They could use a nickle guy. You can draft a nickle guy in the 2nd or later.

That's why they made the pick. You can disagree w/ it but that's obviusly their reasoning.

Just now, reo said:

At corner, their starters are Butler and Jackson. They could use a nickle guy. You can draft a nickle guy in the 2nd or later.

That's why they made the pick. You can disagree w/ it but that's obviusly their reasoning.

I don't think it was their biggest need.  We can disagree.

Just now, scine09 said:

Yes.  I am not a believer in their pass rush.  I wasn't last year and really haven't been in a long, long time.  I think that the biggest issue with the DBs in the championship game was that no one could get to Mahomes.  And what have they done to improve it?  They signed one guy but to me Beasley is more of the same as Landry.  Now if they sign Clowney I'll be happy with the improvements they made there.  But until then I think they're lacking.

You can survive with mediocre play at right tackle.  Teams struggle there annually and still win.

They also re-signed Correa.  A rookie at best (IN A WEAK CLASS) would have been maybe 4th or 5th on the depth chart.  I mean the guys out there weren't worthy of the slot.

1 minute ago, reo said:

I’d take Vrabel and Jrob decision over some random person

Just now, rns90 said:

They also re-signed Correa.  A rookie at best (IN A WEAK CLASS) would have been maybe 4th or 5th on the depth chart.  I mean the guys out there weren't worthy of the slot.

Correa was there last year.  What have they done to IMPROVE the situation?  Sign a guy that was so good that the defensively inept Falcons didn't want him?

Like I said, if they bring in Clowney then they did what they could to improve the pass rush and it's no longer a weakness.

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

This was a pretty weak edge rusher class unfortunately

Pass rush is a bigger need at a position harder to draft well late. You can get a good RT later. Folks calling him David Stewart 2.0 - you mean the guy we drafted in the 4th round? I'm sure he'll be a good player but we could have had better value here imo.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic