Titans reportedly shopping pick #29 and attempting to trade out of the first round

I am sure we are shopping it around, and if somebody is willing to give up something meaningful, I hope we do that. 

But I suspect we are not going to find any suitors who are willing to give us what we want. 

Our best hope would likely be a quarterback falling farther than expected, and a team in the early second expecting to take one.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The true value of the 29th pick, for the most part, is the ability to  tie up the player for 5 years, ideal for late first round qb's like Love or Eason or OL..

Here is what you don't quite get and what people have been trying to bang into your hard-head.  We have come to notice his eye for talent because he goes out and gets the actual talent instead of roll

Has anyone ever agreed with you on anything? If you told me the titans wear blue I would have to think about it for a second you are so fucking wrong all the time.

I think this just tells you that we are preparing for all scenarios at #29. If our guy isn’t there then we are lining up some quick calls on draft day. 

Edited by japan

This is meaningless.  Who the hell makes trade talks about a late 1st round draft pick before the draft actually starts?  Nobody knows who is still going to be on the board, and in the case that someone highly coveted is still there, it takes away the leverage you have to maximize the return on the trade if teams know that you didn't want to use it anyway.

3 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

This is meaningless.  Who the hell makes trade talks about a late 1st round draft pick before the draft actually starts?  Nobody knows who is still going to be on the board, and in the case that someone highly coveted is still there, it takes away the leverage you have to maximize the return on the trade if teams know that you didn't want to use it anyway.

It is widely reported a lot of the first round trades come from discussions leading up to the draft where trade parameters are put in place before the draft, a lot of times these deals never get enacted when the team actually get on the clock.

A perfect example of this was 2017 when JRob had trade parameters in place to trade back from pick #5 with the Chiefs, ultimately he decided to stick and pick Corey Davis.

48 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

It is widely reported a lot of the first round trades come from discussions leading up to the draft where trade parameters are put in place before the draft, a lot of times these deals never get enacted when the team actually get on the clock.

A perfect example of this was 2017 when JRob had trade parameters in place to trade back from pick #5 with the Chiefs, ultimately he decided to stick and pick Corey Davis.

I can certainly imagine that with the first 5-10 picks.  I'd really like to see what that looks like for the the last 5-10 picks, and what a team would hypothetically offer us if Chase Young is still on the board.

1 hour ago, abc2330 said:

It would be meaningful if JRob wants to trade down. But I’m sure that’s true for plenty of teams late in round 1.

But no one thinks any trade down will get finalized until they are on the clock and the draft board is set.

2 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

I do think we're in a decent spot for a trade down. GB picks right behind us so a team that might want to jump ahead of them for a WR (CIN, CAR) could be an option.

Carolina are an interesting team because there is a lot of speculation about them wanting to accumulate 2021 draft capital to make a run at getting Trevor Lawrence, the obvious guy they would be targeting in any trade up would be Baylor WR Denzel Mims who has the obvious connection with Matt Rhule.

I still think it is unlikely a suitable trade partner would be found but for me the 3 logical teams would be

- Chargers for an OT

- Broncos for an OT

- Bucs for their choice of RB

11 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Carolina are an interesting team because there is a lot of speculation about them wanting to accumulate 2021 draft capital to make a run at getting Trevor Lawrence, the obvious guy they would be targeting in any trade up would be Baylor WR Denzel Mims who has the obvious connection with Matt Rhule.

I still think it is unlikely a suitable trade partner would be found but for me the 3 logical teams would be

- Chargers for an OT

- Broncos for an OT

- Bucs for their choice of RB

OJ Howard + 4th round pick to move down to pick 45 imo

Edited by tgo