Knowing what you know today, what round should Corey Davis have been drafted in?

Tex in a Can

Knowing what you know today, what round should Corey Davis have been drafted in?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing what you know today, what round should Corey Davis have been drafted in?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's likely the turf toe really did bother him and he could have a much better 2020 season   But you don't take a WR with the 5th, stupid 

BTW, it's just a freaking mouse click!

Regardless of what he has done with us he was a 1st round talent.    I still think he’s going to go to a different team with a legit QB and be a stud. 

Lol we could do this for every player in the nfl doesn’t make a lot of sense,but I’ll play along.Now not knowing what I know and say it’s the draft I still think he woulda went round one but I never was a fan at 5 at all..More like 20-30 woulda been a good spot.If we had taken him with the 2nd first he prob doesn’t get as much Heat but the 3 wrs taken haven’t really done much to deserve any of their draft statuses.Their were a bunch of wr needy teams,and the whole”Marcus needs help”shit just pushed the narrative and we prob fucked up takin him that early 

Edited by JMoney420

1 minute ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Regardless of what he has done with us he was a 1st round talent. 

I still think he’s going to go to a different team with a legit QB and be a stud. 

Can't remember any receivers breaking back into elite "first round" talent in year 4 regardless of changing situation/teams. Can you name one?

3 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

Can't remember any receivers breaking back into elite "first round" talent in year 4 regardless of changing situation/teams. Can you name one?

I didnt say he would be an elite WR. I’m saying Davis was a first round talent in that draft and whether we picked him or not he was still going to be a 1st rounder. Davis had a good 2nd year despite our trash QB situation. Last year was a complete change up for our offense and it didn’t benefit Davis in any way. I think 60/800 is a stat line he can achieve for a lot of other teams and be a stud WR2. 

The most disappointing thing about Davis' translation to the pros is his lack of explosiveness after the catch.  I remember tons of college highlights of him outrunning guys like Byard for big gains or TDs.  He's done absolutely zero of that in the pros. The only time I can remember him breaking off some YAC was against the Ravens years ago when he wound up fumbling the ball out of the endzone.

CD is tricky. He can't seem to get on the same page with anyone. He's smart, and runs good routes, and athletic and can make circus catches. But he just gets so lost sometimes .. it doesnt make sense.

3rd/4th round I'd say.

Of course he could pull it all together this year but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

CD is tricky. He can't seem to get on the same page with anyone. He's smart, and runs good routes, and athletic and can make circus catches. But he just gets so lost sometimes .. it doesnt make sense.

3rd/4th round I'd say.

Of course he could pull it all together this year but I doubt it.

Your first sentence is my biggest concern with him. I just don't get why he's still struggling in that department.

Well it varies by year. That year I still say he's a first round talent, but that's because that was a weak WR class. Out of that class he's still I'd say at worst the 3rd best WR after JuJu and Cooper Kupp, and the truth is both of them had better circumstances on offense than he has had. JuJu had a terrible year last year without Big Ben and AB, and Kupp operates in the league's best version of the offense we run.  

Corey Davis has definitely been disappointing but the ability is obviously there. He could end up like Robert Woods who did nothing for the Bills and now at 28 has had back to back a 1200 and 1100 yard seasons. Hell Kupp had similar stats as Davis in year 1 and 2 until his breakout year last year.

I'm still sticking with the 1st round. And I still think he can break out if he puts in the work.