US Senate Race

tgo

Of course Trump deserves to keep getting impeached. Just because the senate refuses to hold him accountable doesn't mean he's not guilty. "Ha ha, maybe they should keep charging OJ, what a waste of time!"

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Titans279 said:

We'll see.

Based on how states are shifting though Trump can actually lose the popular vote by an even larger margin than 2016 and still win the electoral college.

I saw some study or another that he could theoretically lose by up to 10 million and still win the electoral college. It showed massive amounts of voting coming from NY, Illinois, and California with the narrowest of margins in Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Florida. That would truly be something to behold. 

14 hours ago, tgo said:

It's theoretically possible, but Biden is winning all the battleground states including Florida per recent polling, and even bulwark red states like Texas and Georgia are now competitive. 

It's a safe bet that not only will Biden win the presidency, but that Democrats will cruise to a Democratic Majority in the Senate with relative ease. 

I feel like I’ve heard this before...jest can’t put my finger on it :)

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

I saw some study or another that he could theoretically lose by up to 10 million and still win the electoral college. It showed massive amounts of voting coming from NY, Illinois, and California with the narrowest of margins in Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Florida. That would truly be something to behold. 

The electoral math gets narrower and narrower with each passing day. It's now highly unlikely Trump wins in November. He's basically alienated MI in the past few months which is insane.

18 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The electoral math gets narrower and narrower with each passing day. It's now highly unlikely Trump wins in November. He's basically alienated MI in the past few months which is insane.

But he's not yet convinced that he's done enough to piss them off.  So today he's threatening to cut off pandemic aid if they try to give people the option to vote by mail.

Edited by ctm

38 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I feel like I’ve heard this before...jest can’t put my finger on it :)

We could split the difference on the electoral college vs. popular vote and make a rule that says a popular vote by a certain margin negates a small electoral win. 

36 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Trump’s nasty personal insults to Dingell and McCain should have been enough to at least soften his strong support in those respective states, but the new GOP just doesn’t care anymore. 

24 minutes ago, ctm said:

But he's not yet convinced that he's done enough to piss them off.  So today he's threatening to cut off pandemic aid if they try to give people the option to vote by mail.

Michigan Trumpers will posterize the protests in Lansing and blame Whitmer. 

19 minutes ago, 'Nator said:

We could split the difference on the electoral college vs. popular vote and make a rule that says a popular vote by a certain margin negates a small electoral win. 

they just need to get enough states into the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact. Then enough states will legally have to cast their electoral votes for the winner of the popular vote.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Yea, all while a dam has broken loose and a town of approx 40K people may be under 9 ft of water soon.

Wonder if he'll show any empathy for them.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/weather/michigan-dam-breaches/index.html

STUPID LOSER

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

I was more stating how insane the EC is when you look at it with a magnifying glass. How the hell can it even be theoretically possible to lose by ten million votes and still win? 

1 hour ago, 'Nator said:

Problem is it would still take an amendment. It can’t just be a law. You would have to change the Constitution, and that isn’t happening. 

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

they just need to get enough states into the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact. Then enough states will legally have to cast their electoral votes for the winner of the popular vote.

If that gains enough momentum it will be shot down by the Supreme Court. 

45 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Problem is it would still take an amendment. It can’t just be a law. You would have to change the Constitution, and that isn’t happening. 

The Democrats have no incentive to change the law at this point. When Texas flips blue and its going to happen within the next few cycle, they will have virtual lock on the Presidency. The current GOP knows this which is why they've gotten more and more radical the past few years. Its a last ditch effort by a dying party. The GOP has to flush out the fringe crazies and become a big tent party again. It should start with Latinos as its a perfect demographic for their base conservative ideology. 

Edited by oldschool