US Senate Race

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Losing heathcare wasn't a big enough issue for voters to flip the Senate. I just don't get it. 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, ctm said:

It's over for Tillis in NC.  Susan Collins in now McConnell's firewall to hold the senate.

Tillis at 38%! lol

Also Graham in SC is in peril. There is actually a group of Trump voters who plan on voting Trump and against Graham. I guess all the shameless ass kissing backfired 

McConnell had to know pushing the Supreme Court nomination through would hurt vulnerable Republicans in tight races. I don't think he cares one bit. A Supreme Court with a 6-3 conservative tilt and newly installed conservative judges across the lower courts means he's won the long game. Its the culmination of a 4 decades long mission and a short term loss of control of the Senate is worth it to him.

Edited by oldschool
2 hours ago, oldschool said:

McConnell had to know pushing the Supreme Court nomination through would hurt vulnerable Republicans in tight races. I don't think he cares one bit. A Supreme Court with a 6-3 conservative tilt and newly installed conservative judges across the lower courts hes won the long game. Its the culmination of 4 decades long mission and a short term loss of xontrol of the Senate is worth it to him.

Plus he knew the Senate is lost anyway. 

19 minutes ago, oldschool said:

It wasn't a given the GOP was going to lose the Senate.

It was highly likely. Leantossup had it has high as a 94% certainly based on their model just recently before the vacancy. 

The only way they weren't going to lose the Senate is if the state polls were all way off, and you know McConnell has seen the internal polling. 

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

It was highly likely. Leantossup had it has high as a 94% certainly based on their model just recently before the vacancy. 

The only way they weren't going to lose the Senate is if the state polls were all way off, and you know McConnell has seen the internal polling. 

Still not a given...

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/senate/