1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

The joke is she wants to kill us.

Hilarious. 

Holy shit lol. This is a terrible take on Geico commercials. How fucking stupid do you have to be to make, participate, or endorse this? Idiots. 

Just now, tgo said:

You’re well into the acceptance phase, full on rationalization. I like it! 

I was in the acceptance phase an hour after RGB died. The idea a sitting president cant fill a seat in an election year is silly and it doesn't matter if McConnell is being hypocritical about it.

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

The Senate's rural skew is what kept Black people from being able to just walk up to a polling station and vote without being frat-hazed by a poll watcher just to be given a ballot. 

55 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I was in the acceptance phase an hour after RGB died. The idea a sitting president cant fill a seat in an election year is silly and it doesn't matter if McConnell is being hypocritical about it.

Key here is revenge. The GOP won’t hold power forever. It always swings back. When the pendulum swings, then you do  as you please and move forward with a  progressive agenda. And when they ask why? Respond “because we can, bitch.”

17 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

It’s past time to worry about being consistent and taking the moral high ground. GOP is playing by its own set of rules. It’s time for us to create our own set of rules and say fuck the other side and all it’s supporters. 

It's coming...

19 minutes ago, oldschool said:

As a moderate I'm usually not in favor of such tactics but this is the last straw for me. The dems in the Senate needs to make sure everyone knows there is no coming back from this. I doubt they are strong enough to do what needs to be done. Instead they are going wax poetically about return to normalcy, fairness, and decorum while the GOP continues to play a different game. Time for the Dems to grow up.

I thought Obama should have been able to fill Scalia seat when he passed in 2016. A president does it stop being president at the beginning of an election cycle, especially one that takes as long as it does in the United States. I feel the same way about Trump. He is president and there is a vacancy on the courts. Therefore, he should be able to fill the seat just as Obama should have been able to fill the seat. But because the Republicans decided to create some new rule out of thin air, I feel they should be consistent. Since it is clear they are not going to be Consistent, fuck him, and let’s beat them at their own game. Fuck all Republicans.

4 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

I thought Obama should have been able to fill Scalia seat when he passed in 2016. A president does it stop being president at the beginning of an election cycle, especially one that takes as long as it does in the United States. I feel the same way about Trump. He is president and there is a vacancy on the courts. Therefore, he should be able to fill the seat just as Obama should have been able to fill the seat. But because the Republicans decided to create some new rule out of thin air, I feel they should be consistent. Since it is clear they are not going to be Consistent, fuck him, and let’s beat them at their own game. Fuck all Republicans.

Here are the 29 times this scenario has happened before. This is not some new event and out of order as the Dems currently cry.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/supreme-court-why-no-justice-has-beenconfirmed-in-the-fall-of-a-presidential-election-year/