US Senate Race

tgo

4 hours ago, reo said:

Yeah. Kanye has been a trump supporter. He's trying to get on the ballot for 1 reason... to try and split black votes between him and Biden.

He’s quite possibly the only person in the country who can match Trump when it comes to being deranged. The motherfucker was in a bullet proof vest saying Harriet Tubman didn’t help free the slaves. 

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He’s quite possibly the only person in the country who can match Trump when it comes to being deranged. The motherfucker was in a bullet proof vest saying Harriet Tubman didn’t help free the slaves. 

Somebody should have sent a Creedmore round straight thru his fuckin face

I can't believe that the progressive from Memphis, Marquita Bradshaw, who spent under 50K has beaten the Bredesen endorsed former army pilot, Mackler, who ran ads and spent over 1.5 million in TN. She racked up a huge lead in West TN and then ran even with the other candidates in Middle and East TN.

Obviously, she won't beat Hagerty but still very odd.

Edited by pamo9

4 minutes ago, pamo9 said:

I can't believe that the progressive from Memphis, Marquita Bradshaw, who spent under 50K has beaten the Bredesen endorsed former army pilot, Mackler, who ran ads and spent over 1.5 million in TN. She racked up a huge lead in West TN and then ran even with the other candidates in Middle and East TN.

Obviously, she won't beat Hagerty but still very odd.

She was from Memphis so it makes sense that she would dominate there. Elsewhere I’d guess she probably had the support of plenty of black voters, which is all it takes to win a democratic primary if the other 2 candidates split everyone else. Presumably she the liberal voters, too.

Mackler was the one supported by the party, but no one knew who the hell he was. He had no name recognition. But it’s still crazy how badly he did.

11 hours ago, Starkiller said:

She was from Memphis so it makes sense that she would dominate there. Elsewhere I’d guess she probably had the support of plenty of black voters, which is all it takes to win a democratic primary if the other 2 candidates split everyone else. Presumably she the liberal voters, too.

Mackler was the one supported by the party, but no one knew who the hell he was. He had no name recognition. But it’s still crazy how badly he did.

The only really contested race in the state was the Republican senate nominee besides a few state house seats; there was almost no reason for Democratic voters to show up and vote in the middle of a pandemic unless they were really vested in their local state reps race and most of those weren't hotly contested; the perfect storm for an outsider with a strong local demographic to steal a state wide race that will be meaningless come the fall election. 

Yeah, Markey will win that race. He has the entire establishment as well as a ton of progressive activist types behind him and the DSCC has put their money behind him. He's moved even farther left to outflank Kennedy and rivals Warren now as the most liberal senator. 

I'd like to see Joe Kennedy challenge Baker for Governor or take a lower tier cabinet position in a Biden administration, I don't think he's running for re-election to his current House seat due to the Senate run. 

Props to Markey for being able to fend off a very hard primary challenger thus far and to come from behind and regain that lead.