Biden VP Thread

tgo

27 minutes ago, ctm said:

Trump is a coward.  He'll slip out at night so that he won't have to attend the inauguration the next day.  And that's assuming as I said a year ago that he doesn't resign early so that President Pence can pardon him.

That's just him dodging the army of people just waiting for him to serve him with lawsuits the moment he is no longer president

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump supporters despise liars over all else!!!!

Republicans are such a fascinating lot. They’re still on Benghazi when we’ve lost at least 130k Americans and Russia is putting bounties on our soldiers without a single peep. 

At least let Joe get sworn in, what am I, some kind of monster?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Oddly specific. No way this person actually exists! ?

Yeah, sign me up for Demings all day, my only worry is the federal experience aspect. 

Hah  I didn't realize her husband was Sheriff of Orange County and current Mayor of Orange County. 

They could not run against this ticket :D 

That said, would she be able to navigate Washington as deftly as someone like Warren and oversee major initiatives?

1 hour ago, tgo said:

The question is - what will be done if Trump does not cede the election and then refuses to leave office?

Surely the Supreme Court would step in - in response to lawsuits and rule against him overwhelmingly but then what?

Logistically that would be up to the Sergeant at Arms of the Senate. 

37 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah, sign me up for Demings all day, my only worry is the federal experience aspect. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/09/orlando-police-complaints-in-the-spotlight-as-african-american-ex-chief-runs-for-congress/443526/

Allegations of use of excessive force while she was police chief will be her biggest problem.

8 minutes ago, tgo said:

How so?

The Sergeant at Arms can, upon orders of the Senate, arrest and detain any person who violates Senate rules, or is found in contempt of Congress.

That’s the easiest way. 

Chief Law Enforcement Officer

As the Senate’s chief law enforcement officer, the sergeant at arms can compel senators to come to the Senate Chamber to establish a quorum. In addition, the sergeant at arms supervises the Senate wing of the Capitol, maintaining security in the Capitol and in all the Senate buildings and controlling access to the Senate Chamber and galleries. The sergeant at arms also protects the members and can arrest and detain any person violating Senate rules.

The Secret Service would hopefully stand down. Like I said, logistically, it’s the easiest way. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The Sergeant at Arms can, upon orders of the Senate, arrest and detain any person who violates Senate rules, or is found in contempt of Congress.

That’s the easiest way. 

Chief Law Enforcement Officer

As the Senate’s chief law enforcement officer, the sergeant at arms can compel senators to come to the Senate Chamber to establish a quorum. In addition, the sergeant at arms supervises the Senate wing of the Capitol, maintaining security in the Capitol and in all the Senate buildings and controlling access to the Senate Chamber and galleries. The sergeant at arms also protects the members and can arrest and detain any person violating Senate rules.

It would be the easiest way to go about matters. The Secret Service would hopefully stand down. Like I said, logistically, it’s the easiest way. 

I would assume the Senate would need to be under Democratic control for this to happen though. 

Also, Roberts would just swear Biden in at the normal time I bet, regardless of what Trump was doing. 

Edited by tgo

Just now, tgo said:

I would assume the Senate would need to be under Democratic control for this to happen though. 

Unless Republicans came to their senses then yes. I hope it doesn’t go this route. It may not end in civil war, but it would definitely be close where the white suburb people start to fight back. 

6 hours ago, ctm said:

And that's assuming as I said a year ago that he doesn't resign early so that President Pence can pardon him.

Real possibility imo