Biden VP Thread

tgo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump supporters despise liars over all else!!!!

Republicans are such a fascinating lot. They’re still on Benghazi when we’ve lost at least 130k Americans and Russia is putting bounties on our soldiers without a single peep. 

At least let Joe get sworn in, what am I, some kind of monster?

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Titans279 said:

It would be funny if Biden went the old school governor from a swing state route after everyone had written Whitmer off. It almost makes too much sense.

Whitmer/Booker 2024? 

Ticket would be hard to beat. Whitmer is most likely of the rumored candidates fo beat either Haley or Pence in ‘24. 

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Well he said he would pick one this week, so no surprise

I’m just surprised Sleepy Joe was able to hobble out of his basement where he’s been hiding to get on a bicycle.

I guarantee Trump’s fat ass has never ridden a bike - he can barely even fit in a golf cart and can hardly walk now it seems. 

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Seems like he was just playing with the reporter to me

Well news already broke that he had chosen his running mate on Thursday per campaign sources. 

BTW I moved from the USPS thread to not hijack it

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

And what does that have to do with a random non-officeholder having investments in an oil company?

Should someone be put in charge of the USPS if they have a direct financial interest in undermining them? Of course not not. I’d have no problem with forcing office holders to sell off any stock they own which gives them a personal financial interest in their office. I’d gladly see every member of Congress forced to sell every individual stock they own.

She is not a random non-office holder. She's been heavily involved in the highest levels of government and the Democratic party for 12 years. She was in-inline to be Secretary of State and now could be Vice President with a high likelihood of being President. I think we should hold our standard bearers to a higher standard.

Anyway, I think there are a couple different reasons to be concerned about their investments/involvement.

1. It's hypocritical for a prominent Democrat (especially a politician) to be heavily invested in things like oil companies, big pharma, large financial firms, etc. It sends the wrong message. How are we supposed to take their commitment to Democratic positions seriously when they are personally invested in the opposite? It becomes a question of values at a certain level (imo depending on the level and amount of investment).

2. It creates real conflicts of interest (at the very least the appearance of conflicts of interest). Louis DeJoy at USPS is a great contemporary example since he is heavily invested in competitors to the USPS. You could say the same for appointing people heavily invested or involved in the the fossil fuel or chemical, etc industry being in charge of EPA (Andrew Wheeler was a coal lobbyist).

Rice was estimated to be worth 20-45 million with about one third of that being Canadian fossil fuel companies (not even counting American companies). That's more than the Clintons. She was the wealthiest person in Obama's entire cabinet. It's not like she owned a Vanguard Index Fund.

Edited by Titans279

46 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

BTW I moved from the USPS thread to not hijack it

She is not a random non-office holder. She's been heavily involved in the highest levels of government and the Democratic party for 12 years. She was in-inline to be Secretary of State and now could be Vice President with a high likelihood of being President. I think we should hold our standard bearers to a higher standard.

Anyway, I think there are a couple different reasons to be concerned about their investments/involvement.

1. It's hypocritical for a prominent Democrat (especially a politician) to be heavily invested in things like oil companies, big pharma, large financial firms, etc. It sends the wrong message. How are we supposed to take their commitment to Democratic positions seriously when they are personally invested in the opposite? It becomes a question of values at a certain level (imo depending on the level and amount of investment).

2. It creates real conflicts of interest (at the very least the appearance of conflicts of interest). Louis DeJoy at USPS is a great contemporary example since he is heavily invested in competitors to the USPS. You could say the same for appointing people heavily invested or involved in the the fossil fuel or chemical, etc industry being in charge of EPA (Andrew Wheeler was a coal lobbyist).

Rice was estimated to be worth 20-45 million with about one third of that being Canadian fossil fuel companies (not even counting American companies). That's more than the Clintons. She was the wealthiest person in Obama's entire cabinet. It's not like she owned a Vanguard Index Fund.

She has been a private citizen for 4 years. If and when she is back in some sort of government office then it’s a different story.