Biden VP Thread

tgo

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Congressional investigations can happen. That's different than the VP leading the charge.

Politely, this isn't a normal crisis.  The number of dead Americans is equivalent to Hiroshima nuclear attack (90-166k dead).  It's in the range of the Darfur genocide (80-500k dead).  Less politely my reaction is...

Fuck decorum.  I want the people responsible fleeing the country and hiding in a country estate running to the basement when they hear an aircraft overhead.

Fuck every last one of them.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump supporters despise liars over all else!!!!

Republicans are such a fascinating lot. They’re still on Benghazi when we’ve lost at least 130k Americans and Russia is putting bounties on our soldiers without a single peep. 

At least let Joe get sworn in, what am I, some kind of monster?

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Politely, this isn't a normal crisis.  The number of dead Americans is equivalent to Hiroshima nuclear attack (90-166k dead).  It's in the range of the Darfur genocide (80-500k dead).  Less politely my reaction is...

Fuck decorum.  I want the people responsible fleeing the country and hiding in a country estate running to the basement when they hear an aircraft overhead.

Fuck every last one of them.

It’s not about decorum. It’s about whether the American governmental system dies for good or is restored. You don’t investigate political opponents. The independent judiciary does. 

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

It’s not about decorum. It’s about whether the American governmental system dies for good or is restored. You don’t investigate political opponents. The independent judiciary does. 

We already know crimes have been committed. The DOJ needs to have an entire division dedicated to just investigating and prosecuting wrongdoing by the Trump admin.

Just now, Starkiller said:

We already know crimes have been committed. The DOJ needs to have an entire division dedicated to just investigating and prosecuting wrongdoing by the Trump admin.

Lol yep. Congress too. 

24 minutes ago, tgo said:

Someone in the new administration needs to cooperate with prosecutors.  While others do the important work of public health and reopening the economy.  Kamala Harris is perfect for that role.

Edited by patsplat

Just now, patsplat said:

Now, I'm glad @tgo, @Titans279, @IsntLifeFunny, and @chef can all agree that we shouldn't go after the Trumps with worn out broom sticks in the back of police station.  Not the first time I've been a unifier here on TitansReport, won't be the last.

The Department of Justice should go after Trump and any wrongdoing of any of his family members and associates to the fullest extent possible. And I’m confident they will - but all decisions must be up to the Attorney General without interference. 

We have no right to criticize Barr or what Trump did with Ukraine if we’re advocating for doing the exact same types of things - applying pressure etc. 

It’s important to stay on the righteous side here and to stay above the political fray, its the only way it will be impactful to all Americans. 

10 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Congress can focus on getting legislation passed (if they eliminate the filibuster). Let the DOJ handle the investigating.

Depends on the nature of the investigation. Whether criminal or general public interest, Congress must focus on legislating first and foremost yes, but they also have a responsibility for oversight. 

I would think Congress should appoint a commission and start an investigation into what happened with covid and throughout for instance. The people deserve the oversight and accountability to warn future administrations, even if it isnt a criminal matter.

Edited by tgo

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

The Department of Justice should go after Trump and any wrongdoing of any of his family members and associates to the fullest extent possible. And I’m confident they will - but all decisions must be up to the Attorney General without interference. 

We have no right to criticize Barr or what Trump did with Ukraine if we’re advocating for doing the exact same types of things - applying pressure etc. 

It’s important to stay on the righteous side here and to stay above the political fray, its the only way it will be impactful to all Americans. 

When every line has been crossed it's no longer time to be tolerant.

When the right is bringing real guns to the state house -- Democrats need to start bringing guns to these political knife fights.

Quit being so nervous about "applying pressure".

11 minutes ago, patsplat said:

When every line has been crossed it's no longer time to be tolerant.

When the right is bringing real guns to the state house -- Democrats need to start bringing guns to these political knife fights.

Quit being so nervous about "applying pressure".

So why don’t you support Trump and Barr making a mockery of the justice system if you’re so willing to do it? 

Dude its not about tolerance. If charges are legit they will get prosecuted on any counts of wrongdoing by DoJ independently. 

It’s about whether we’re going to adhere to the Constitution and the spirit of American justice or if we’re going to be a banana Republic. 

Frankly, if Biden and Harris as VP led investigations, I would never support them and if thats the new norm in this country, its not a country I want to live in. If you’re fine with authoritarianism and political investigations, you should be totally fine with Trump and his ilk. 

Anyway, luckily Biden has pledged that he would not do this, and if Harris tried (she won’t), I’m confident he’d publicly ask her to resign from her elected position. I’m sure as a former AG and District Attorney she has strong opinions about governors or presidents encroaching on criminal justice matters and wouldn’t do that to someone else. 

Edited by tgo

36 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Congress can focus on getting legislation passed (if they eliminate the filibuster). Let the DOJ handle the investigating.

One benefit of congress is that they can expose things that aren't crimes but were bad. Ivanka probably did a lot of shady stuff that wasn't necessarily illegal. Having it out there would be good though.

@patsplat For the record, I don’t think you’re comparable to Trump people and I def understand the righteous indignation, you’re in the right to demand justice - I do as well.

And I think if you sat back and thought about it thoroughly for awhile, you’ll agree. 

Justice yes, its a must. But must do it the right way to get the country’s justice system back on track. 

19 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

One benefit of congress is that they can expose things that aren't crimes but were bad. Ivanka probably did a lot of shady stuff that wasn't necessarily illegal. Having it out there would be good though.

Yeah well that isn’t much of a priority. If they get rid of the filibuster then they should spend the next 2 years fixing the country.