Sign in to follow this  
Oiler FANatic

NFL.com ranks Tannehill 20th out of 35 QB's in terms of value

18 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

That list is absolutely garbage. Kyler Murray 6th? Sam Darnold ahead of Tannehill? Why would you even post such tripe? 

I found Baker Mayfield at 10 pretty funny.  Or Brady at 16.

I like the concept of the list. A scale between skill and how long a player will be around. But whoever put it together is a nutcase. Murray has show a little but nothing great. And Mayfield looks ok as a ceiling. Brady is overrated and I would like to see tanny higher maybe 12ish. But I wont cry about that. Dax is overrated and isn't even under contract lol.

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

That list is absolutely garbage. Kyler Murray 6th? Sam Darnold ahead of Tannehill? Why would you even post such tripe? 

O shit I over looked that one lol. Wtf is that. I stoped at 20.

The Around the NFL guys are all pretty terrible at their jobs. I really don’t understand how an entire group of guys that know so little about the actual sport got to those positions.

Maybe it bothers me because I just can’t fucking stand Dan Hanzus.

17 hours ago, Number9 said:

Click bait.  The QB's contract is a big part of the rating.

Yet the top 10 includes 4 guys on big second contracts.  Fair or not, right or wrong, there a tons of people out there that don't believe in Tannehill.

The Titans had to see if Tannehill could build on his sensational play in the 2019 regular season, although committing $91 million guaranteed if he's still on the team next year ended his days as a bargain. Whereas Carr's contract is far more flexible and team-friendly, the Raiders' QB also feels like a safe option to stay in this no-man's land of the rankings. For Tannehill, it feels equally possible he will rocket higher or crash in the next two years.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:36 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108258/article/nfl-qb-value-rankings-who-do-you-want-most-at-current-cost

Of course he was a far, far better value last season at $2M than he is currently at $30M.

There may five quarterbacks in the NFL that I would even consider taking over him, especially running our scheme . What a bunch of journalist at the NFL.com have to say doesn’t matter a hill of  beans

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Yet the top 10 includes 4 guys on big second contracts.  Fair or not, right or wrong, there a tons of people out there that don't believe in Tannehill.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101720/article/qb-index-ranking-every-quarterback-to-start-a-game-in-2019

#6. Ryan Tannehill-- From offseason castaway to Comeback Player of the Year, the 31-year-old passer spent 2019 rewriting his NFL narrative with a mesmerizing 13-game run as the Titans' QB1. Someone's going to pay him stacks of cash, right?

I like that ranking, except I wouldn't rank him over #7Aaron Rodgers.  It's a crap shoot with most of these guys except the top 10.  Team.  Ryan Tannehill walked into a dream situation.  He came to a team ready to compete minus one faulty starter.