Robinson/Vrabel Conference Call

tgo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Surprised they answered so much about Clowney. 

Sounds like we are very much in the game with Clowney

Thanks @tgo

Finally got a chance to listen to the whole JRob conference call, gives you a slightly different perspective on a view of topics than just reacting to tweets from the local media on the call.

JRob seems pretty happy with the Edge depth right now, he didn't rule out further moves but the impression is that they are comfortable with the 6 guys they have now in Landry/Beasley/Correa/Gilbert/Roberson/Walker.

JRob specifically said they have work to do on the IDL with FA options dwindling the expectation would have to be they are going to use a premium pick on IDL in 3 weeks time.

Regarding Clowney it is really hard to get a read whether they are all in chasing him or whether they would simply do the deal if his price demands drop.

Regarding the disrupted draft process JRob admitted they have massive holes in the physical testing component of the evaluation and they are relying on older spring testing on a lot of guys.

JRob left no doubt that the intention was for Kelly to be the starting RT this year.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

25 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Finally got a chance to listen to the whole JRob conference call, gives you a slightly different perspective on a view of topics than just reacting to tweets from the local media on the call.

JRob seems pretty happy with the Edge depth right now, he didn't rule out further moves but the impression is that they are comfortable with the 6 guys they have now in Landry/Beasley/Correa/Gilbert/Roberson/Walker.

JRob specifically said they have work to do on the IDL with FA options dwindling the expectation would have to be they are going to use a premium pick on IDL in 3 weeks time.

Regarding Clowney it is really hard to get a read whether they are all in chasing him or whether they would simply do the deal if his price demands drop.

Regarding the disrupted draft process JRob admitted they have massive holes in the physical testing component of the evaluation and they are relying on older spring testing on a lot of guys.

JRob left no doubt that the intention was for Kelly to be the starting RT this year.

Honestly, looking at that rotation for pass rush doesn’t look terrible. A lot of potential there if guys continue to take the next step. 

im not entirely sure how I feel about it yet, but I’m not mad about it. 

3 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

With JR the most obvious pick is usually the correct pick. My money's on CB or DL. Its the most obvious need.

Intrigue is whom will be there. Suspect they might get better value for DL at #61.

Other questions:

When do we draft a RB? Same with WR, also what type of WR do we draft?  Davis clone (Big, physical type) or a  deep threat?

OT, when do we draft one?  Wonder if they draft a G?  and of course a K.

5 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Intrigue is whom will be there. Suspect they might get better value for DL at #61.

Other questions:

When do we draft a RB? Same with WR, also what type of WR do we draft?  Davis clone (Big, physical type) or a  deep threat?

I think CB at 29 or trade down is more likely looking at the value of the players that could be there. DL at 61 seems like better value than at 29.

I could see JR trying to trade down from 29 though and recoup that 4th round pick. 3rd/4th round look like good spots to add RB/WR/developmental OT

Edited by socaltitan

I'd guess Ryan and Clowney's price tags are dropping to a degree that could possibly interest the Titans at some point. They probably considered Logan Ryan a goner and Clowney out of their price range initially. 

I'd rather see more speed added in the back end but if you can get Ryan cheap enough it saves draft capitol 

9 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Other questions:

Personally I think the CB depth stretches a bit further than the DL in this draft.

At #61 you can probably get guys like

Cameron Dantzler

Bryce Hall

Damon Arnette

Troy Pride Jr.

Not sure the DL options stretch that far as I mentioned in another thread the 2nd tier DL guys could be gone before #61 

Justin Madubuike

Neville Gallimore

Jordan Elliott

Also think there is the option to take a slot CB a little early at #93 guys like

Darnay Holmes

Amik Robertson (obviously would need to be comfortable with that hip injury)

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

What else is he going to say? There isn’t an alternative on the roster. 

7 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Surprised they answered so much about Clowney. 

Well he needs a reason for inspiration after letting everyones favorite buttcrack go for a ham sandwich. 

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I wonder if this will influence his decision on whether to trade down or not from 29. Seems like the more prudent thing to do is either stay put or trade down if you can't get a clear enough view of these guy's medicals. You sure as shit wouldn't be trading up I wouldn't think.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

With CB/IDL the clear pressing needs entering the draft it would be surprising if JRob takes a RB before round 3.

I'd lean this way as well unless he thinks someone like Swift is far and away the more talented player. 

I have to believe they'll sign a vet CB, even if it's bringing back Tye Smith 

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Robinson also said there were RBs in the draft who compliment Henry, obviously a Dion Lewis replacement is a high priority 

Seems pretty obvious that we are going to bring in a rookie RB over a vet. Makes the most sense.