Robinson/Vrabel Conference Call

tgo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Surprised they answered so much about Clowney. 

Sounds like we are very much in the game with Clowney

Thanks @tgo

We've already seen a couple of deals fall through based on physicals (Brockers comes to mind).  With Clowney, given the price and the importance of the physical with him coming off surgery, it's a huge risk on his side to agree to terms somewhere which will inevitably have other suitors move on to plans B and C.

Much like Henry picked a horrible time to hit the open market as a RB, Clowney hitting the open market in the middle of this pandemic is a case of wrong place/wrong time.

33 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

We've already seen a couple of deals fall through based on physicals (Brockers comes to mind).  With Clowney, given the price and the importance of the physical with him coming off surgery, it's a huge risk on his side to agree to terms somewhere which will inevitably have other suitors move on to plans B and C.

Much like Henry picked a horrible time to hit the open market as a RB, Clowney hitting the open market in the middle of this pandemic is a case of wrong place/wrong time.

Bad for him, potentially good to great for us.

7 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Bad for him, potentially good to great for us.

Maybe although I thought it was between the Seahawks and Titans before the travel ban for physicals went into effect.  As it is now, I still think he ends up in one of those two places.

6 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Maybe although I thought it was between the Seahawks and Titans before the travel ban for physicals went into effect.  As it is now, I still think he ends up in one of those two places.

It doesn't appear that he'll sign before the draft.  

3 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Seattle has the edge in the medical department at least due to recent familiarity. He knows Vrabel so there's at least a possibility he meshes more with us schematically, but it depends on how well either team meshes with his bank account.

Judging from JRob's comments it sounds like if the physical could be dealt with we'd sign him so it doesn't sound like money is any kind of issue.