Makaveli

On this week's what the H happened to him

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

It easily could be a situation where a blind squirrel got lucky.  But he made a couple of good moves as GM.  Woodyard was a good signing.  I’m hard pressed to think of too many others, however.

Walker was his best FA move.  Of course, he was the fall back after things went south with Jared Cook. 

When it comes to Webster, it's like when George was doing the opposite on Seinfeld.  Assume his first inclination is wrong because it almost always was.

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

Walker was his best FA move.  Of course, he was the fall back after things went south with Jared Cook. 

When it comes to Webster, it's like when George was doing the opposite on Seinfeld.  Assume his first inclination is wrong because it almost always was.

Right, Walker of course.  The weird is the 2013 team, Walker’s first, was actually okay.  They lost a lot of tight games.  But once that offseason came everything went south in a hurry.  That also corresponded with Tommy Smith’s first offseason as controlling owner.

5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

You know what the worst move Webster ever made?  Signing Shonn Greene to that big contract.  It just made no sense.

Way down on the list for me.  Blowing top 10 picks right and left were way worse - Locker, Warmack, Mariota but the drafting in general was god awful.  Levitre was a horrible move but basically he could not get anything OL related right aside from the Lewan pick.

On 3/29/2020 at 1:36 PM, AvgJoe said:

This Webster talk got me thinking, let’s look at all his Draft Classes as GM

1) Kendall Wright

2) Zach Brown

3) Mike Martin

4) Coty Sensabaugh

5) Taylor Thompson

6) Markelle Martin

7) Scott Solomon

1) Chance Warmack

2) Justin Hunter

3) Blidi Wreh Wilson

3) Zaviar Gooden

4) Brian Schwenke

5) Lavar Edwards

6) Khalid Wooten

7) Daimion Stafford

1) Taylor Lewan

2) Bishop Sankey 

4) DaQuan Jones

4) Marqueston Huff

5) Avery Willamson

6) Zach Mettenberger

1) Marcus Mariota

2) Dorial Green-Beckham

3) Jeremiah Poutasi

4) Angelo Blackson

4) Jalston Fowler

5) David Cobb

6) Deiontrez Mount

6) Andy Gallik

7) Tre McBride

Absolutely horrific drafting. It’s worse than I even remember it being. Looking at that, it’s clear that it was athlete before production nearly every single time. I’m stunned how quickly Robinson made this team a contender. 

Ok you got me with that Bishop Sankey 1. I seen how awful that was from a mile away lol. I didn't realize that was 2014 wow. Time flys.

My big what happened to him, or rather, what-if: What if Roy Williams didn't horsecollar Tyone Calico. That was a dude who I really thought was going to be something. 

Also, Chris Brown kind of came and went but he was great for such a short window.

38 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Ok you got me with that Bishop Sankey 1. I seen how awful that was from a mile away lol. I didn't realize that was 2014 wow. Time flys.

That Sankey pick pissed me off bigtime because it was an obvious reach. That was a terrible year for RBs. He was the first RB drafted and it was the mid 2nd I think. Webster panicked because we didn’t have a 3rd round pick and he probably knew Cin was going to take RB right after us if we didn’t take one, and all of the RBs would be gone before we picked again.  Pretty sure Cincy did end up taking a RB but Guys like Jarvis Landry, Carlos Hyde, and Allen Robinson were on the board still from what I remember. 

54 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

That Sankey pick pissed me off bigtime because it was an obvious reach. That was a terrible year for RBs. He was the first RB drafted and it was the mid 2nd I think. Webster panicked because we didn’t have a 3rd round pick and he probably knew Cin was going to take RB right after us if we didn’t take one, and all of the RBs would be gone before we picked again.  Pretty sure Cincy did end up taking a RB but Guys like Jarvis Landry, Carlos Hyde, and Allen Robinson were on the board still from what I remember. 

Right. Sankey played in a weak conference and even looked slow footed in college. Not sure why we thought that was a good pick. If you and I could see it lol.

Side note: What happened to Jevon Ringer? And what year was he drafted? He showed promise.

1 hour ago, Titansfan920 said:

My big what happened to him, or rather, what-if: What if Roy Williams didn't horsecollar Tyone Calico. That was a dude who I really thought was going to be something. 

Also, Chris Brown kind of came and went but he was great for such a short window.

Yeah Horse collar. Sad thing is our receiving corps was gonna be stout but ended up being snake bit lol. I think we would have been pretty good but David Givens from the Patriots blew his knee out also.

Edited by Makaveli