Makaveli

On this week's what the H happened to him

7 hours ago, Makaveli said:

Mariota won us our first playoff game since Steve Mcnair. Let that sink in.

So?

BTW Derrick Henry, the defense in the second half, and KC losing Kelce and Chris Jones were more critical factors.

The retards most famous play is a horrible throw that bounced back to him.  

23 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

So?

BTW Derrick Henry, the defense in the second half, and KC losing Kelce and Chris Jones were more critical factors.

The retards most famous play is a horrible throw that bounced back to him.  

No Mariota no playoffs or playoff win. Don't forget how he played the week before vs the Jags. Dude dominated the Jags, he looked like Jordan.

11 hours ago, BudAdams said:

IDK.  His lack of success as a GM ranks up there with anyone and he was running the show.  And if you go back to when he had significant influence as a Director of Personnel or VP of Personnel (Seattle), the lack of success in the draft is consistent.  I think he may be a decent scout but being in a leadership position requires much much more than that.

I bet if you took a look at any of the franchises that have had a bad period the GM likely was a big part.  It's tough to call him a bottom 5 GM for the last 20 years without taking a look around the league.  Because there were some bad ones.

10 hours ago, Somedude said:

Munch was a better coach than the shit roster he had to work with. I don't think Munch was even that good but with a decent roster at least would have made the playoffs in 2011. Kinda shocked we even got to 9-7 with Jake Locker and noodle arm leading the team. If we did prob taken Denvers place and then gotten hammered again that year by Pitt.  Webster was awful though. He was bad at drafting minus the odd stand out here and there. He hired Wiznut to a 5 year deal.

The Titans had a better record than Denver in 2011.  The Broncos won the AFC West.  Had the Titans made the playoffs they'd have played the Texans and taken the Bengals place.

21 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I bet if you took a look at any of the franchises that have had a bad period the GM likely was a big part.  It's tough to call him a bottom 5 GM for the last 20 years without taking a look around the league.  Because there were some bad ones.

It's already been delved into pretty thoroughly

He has to be one of the worst, not just in terms of acquiring talent but lack of overall direction and philosophy. 

Robinson is ten fold better, maybe more 

Just now, OILERMAN said:

It's already been delved into pretty thoroughly

He has to be one of the worst, not just in terms of acquiring talent but lack of overall direction and philosophy. 

Robinson is ten fold better, maybe more 

Well yeah all are true.  He was terrible in all fronts.  And Robinson is way better in every way.  I'm just saying that there are many franchises that have had a bad period and the GM was a big reason why.  I'm sure Jacksonville fans would argue that Dave Caldwell was the worst.  Tampa Bay fans would argue that their GM's been the worst.  Lions fans would argue Matt Millen.  Cleveland fans would argue that their GMs have been the worst.  Buffalo fans would argue the same.  Arizona fans as well.  Etc, etc.  The Titans had a bad period and Webster was a big part of that.  Those franchises also had bad periods over the past 20 years.

Please don't take this as me trying to defend Webster.

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Makaveli is trolling, he's doesn't even believe what he's saying 

I would flip you off, but ima good Christian.

On 1/19/2015 at 7:35 PM, BudAdams said:

I have no problem with ownership aside from them hitching their wagons to Webster, who is incompetent.  That's the problem.

I would add that new ownership (whether it includes Manning or not) is not necessarily an improvement.  Haslam, who  is Manning's UT buddy, is a HORRIFIC owner.  Snyder is hands on and awful.   As for Manning as an NFL executive, the jury is out on Elway as a great GM and other great players have been awful executives (see Isiah Thomas in the NBA for example).

The way to fix this mess is to hire a good football man to run it.  We have the fools that were run out of Seattle when they blew it up and hired Pete Carroll and John Schneider.

This Webster talk got me thinking, let’s look at all his Draft Classes as GM

1) Kendall Wright

2) Zach Brown

3) Mike Martin

4) Coty Sensabaugh

5) Taylor Thompson

6) Markelle Martin

7) Scott Solomon

1) Chance Warmack

2) Justin Hunter

3) Blidi Wreh Wilson

3) Zaviar Gooden

4) Brian Schwenke

5) Lavar Edwards

6) Khalid Wooten

7) Daimion Stafford

1) Taylor Lewan

2) Bishop Sankey 

4) DaQuan Jones

4) Marqueston Huff

5) Avery Willamson

6) Zach Mettenberger

1) Marcus Mariota

2) Dorial Green-Beckham

3) Jeremiah Poutasi

4) Angelo Blackson

4) Jalston Fowler

5) David Cobb

6) Deiontrez Mount

6) Andy Gallik

7) Tre McBride

Absolutely horrific drafting. It’s worse than I even remember it being. Looking at that, it’s clear that it was athlete before production nearly every single time. I’m stunned how quickly Robinson made this team a contender. 

The scary thing is that his best pick, Lewan, fell into his lap as the 3rd LT picked in that draft.  We could have easily been stuck with Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews if some other GM had taken Lewan.  In all likelihood, the fact that Lewan is an immature frat boy caused his slide.

Edited by BudAdams

Come on, he has to get credit for the Lewan pick.  He was being hammered pretty good on this site after that pick.  Ironically, it was easily the most criticized of his first round picks and it ultimately was the best pick he ever made.

He gets credit but it's absolutely reasonable to question what he would have done if the choice of LT's on the board was on him to make. 

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

He gets credit but it's absolutely reasonable to question what he would have done if the choice of LT's on the board was on him to make. 

It easily could be a situation where a blind squirrel got lucky.  But he made a couple of good moves as GM.  Woodyard was a good signing.  I’m hard pressed to think of too many others, however.