Makaveli

On this week's what the H happened to him

32 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Ruston Webster was an awful GM and blaming it on ownership is pretty laughable given Tommy didn't engage at all so it was on the football people......Webster's track record in personnel in Seattle and TB was also bad when he worked for Ruskell (who he brought over with him).

It's astonishing that anyone on here would defend him.  Aside from Lewan, Casey, and perhaps Williamson, his resume of drafting is really really bad and FA wasn't any better.  Home run with Walker but then you get Wimberly and Levitre etc. 

As more and more of the team consisted of Webster picks, the team was one of the worst in the NFL.  He blew two top 10 picks on bust QB's plus Warmack also busted out. 

Unfuckingbelievable.

I’m not defending him.  I’m just saying that there are many others who were just as bad.  The organization as a whole was terrible for probably a 5 year period as far as how it was run and Webster was obviously right in the middle of it.

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

I’m not defending him.  I’m just saying that there are many others who were just as bad.  The organization as a whole was terrible for probably a 5 year period as far as how it was run and Webster was obviously right in the middle of it.

IDK.  His lack of success as a GM ranks up there with anyone and he was running the show.  And if you go back to when he had significant influence as a Director of Personnel or VP of Personnel (Seattle), the lack of success in the draft is consistent.  I think he may be a decent scout but being in a leadership position requires much much more than that.

I respectfully disagree with people saying Ruston Webster was garbage. Ruston was the victim of having Garbage coaching staffs. He took shots on guys in the draft that didn't pan out, but they had high draft grades. I think about guys like Colin McCarthy, DGB, Justin Hunter etc. Somebody admitted our coaching staffs couldn't develop players, and I agree...But that also means that's not on Ruston.

Webster got this team during its rebuilding stage after Jeff Fisher was fired. Judging a GM off one of the toughest periods to inherit and team is a bit unfair imo.

Webster drafted guys that seem to have alot of upside, but fell flat. Personally I blame lack of consistency and production on the terrible coaches we had. Any of those coaches go anywhere and have success as a head coach?? No. 

Webster brought in top notch Free agents. Some were the best or near the top at their positions. But they treated Tennessee like a retirement destination rather than a place to come in and win. There were no leaders & no expectations. You often could see the frustration in Bernard Pollards interviews.

Bernard Pollard, Will Witherspoon, Ropati pitoitua, Michael Oher, Wesley Woodyard, Dexter Mccluster, Andy levitre, Kamerion Wembley, Steve Hutchison, Delanie Walker, Brian Orakpo, Shaun Phillips Etc etc. 

I could go on. Those were just a few off the top of my head. We landed some good free agents in Webster's time. Some panned out, some flopped and some were still on our team up til last year...

I disagree Webster was garbage. He brought some good players to the team. We had garbage coaching staffs.

5 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Wrong.  He was an incompetent buffoon who had no plan on how to build a roster. 

Explain how you build a roster. If you have so much knowledge on how to do so, why waste your time talking on this website, and not pursuing a career in football?? LOL.

Munch was a better coach than the shit roster he had to work with. I don't think Munch was even that good but with a decent roster at least would have made the playoffs in 2011. Kinda shocked we even got to 9-7 with Jake Locker and noodle arm leading the team. If we did prob taken Denvers place and then gotten hammered again that year by Pitt.  Webster was awful though. He was bad at drafting minus the odd stand out here and there. He hired Wiznut to a 5 year deal.

Edited by Somedude

7 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Munch was a better coach than the shit roster he had to work with. I don't think Munch was even that good but with a decent roster at least would have made the playoffs in 2011. Kinda shocked we even got to 9-7 with Jake Locker and noodle arm leading the team. If we did prob taken Denvers place and then gotten hammered again that year by Pitt.  Webster was awful though. He was had at drafting minus the odd stand out here and there. He hired Wiznut to a 5 year deal.

Jake Locker showed flashes a greatness. Dude was just soft. I seen him take a hit vs the Jets (That's wasn't even hard) and I thought the dude must have injured his neck some how the way he just laid there. They brought the stretcher and cart out. Turns out dude had like a bruised hip and could have played the next game. Seriously dude was soft and only wanted that million dollar rookie pay check. Dude didn't wanna play football.  

Edited by Makaveli

1 minute ago, Makaveli said:

Explain how you build a roster. If you have so much knowledge on how to do so, why waste your time talking on this website, and not pursuing a career in football?? LOL.

Well Ruston, start off by not blowing first round picks on busts.  Don't pay a fucking guard a big FA contract when the guy has health issues.  Don't hire a HC dead set on playing an offense and defense diametrically opposed to what you had been running and then cry about how hard that is after going 2-14......

Robinson isn't perfect but he understands how to set up a plan and build a roster to fit said plan and has done so with multiple coaching staffs.  Webster failed miserably in the same situation and it's why he's back being a scout.

Just now, Makaveli said:

Jake Locker showed flashes a greatness. Dude was just soft. I seen him to a hit vs the Jets (That's wasn't even hard) and I thought the dude must have injured his neck some how the way he just laid there. They brought the stretcher and cart out. Turns out dude had like a bruised hip and played the next game. Seriously dude was soft and only wanted that million dollar rookie pay check. Dude didn't wanna play football.  

Jake was a dumbfuck

10 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Munch was a better coach than the shit roster he had to work with. I don't think Munch was even that good but with a decent roster at least would have made the playoffs in 2011. Kinda shocked we even got to 9-7 with Jake Locker and noodle arm leading the team. If we did prob taken Denvers place and then gotten hammered again that year by Pitt.  Webster was awful though. He was bad at drafting minus the odd stand out here and there. He hired Wiznut to a 5 year deal.

His problem was he was a position coach who needed to do everything.

He made gold out of every lineman drafted. He just wasn't made to run a whole team.

Edited by Callidus

Just now, Callidus said:

His problem was he was a position coach needed to do everything.

He made gold out of every lineman drafted. He just wasn't made to run a whole team.

That and he had no network. He spent 30 years in the same franchise,so he scrambled for assistants for the ones he didn't keep from Fish head.

1 minute ago, Makaveli said:

Jake Locker showed flashes a greatness. Dude was just soft. I seen him take a hit vs the Jets (That's wasn't even hard) and I thought the dude must have injured his neck some how the way he just laid there. They brought the stretcher and cart out. Turns out dude had like a bruised hip and played the next game. Seriously dude was soft and only wanted that million dollar rookie pay check. Dude didn't wanna play football.  

That's not what happened.  He had a sprained hip and knee and missed 2 games.  Locker was way too reckless in how he played and also had some bad luck injury wise too.  Most importantly, though, was that he was not consistently accurate as a passer.