This guy still sucks no matter how many threads people keep making about him.

Edited by Denali

1 hour ago, Denali said:

This guy still sucks no matter how many thread people keep making about him.

I’ll admit I was enamored with him at one point. Especially when we thought he’d be a third or fourth round pick. Now that he’s being mentioned as a top 15 pick and we have a franchise qb, it’s a pretty silly idea to entertain.

He’s probably going to be drafted by a bad team/organization and be thrust into a starting role he’s not ready for. 

Edited by Thrill

On 3/27/2020 at 7:27 PM, Nash said:

I’d be for drafting Eason in round 2 , and developing him..but I seriously doubt he drops that far

My thoughts exactly.  I think him dropping to our pick in round 2 is about 50/50 right now, and Eason would be a QB who would really benefit from a couple years as back-up.  I also think JRob likes him.

3 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

My thoughts exactly.  I think him dropping to our pick in round 2 is about 50/50 right now, and Eason would be a QB who would really benefit from a couple years as back-up.  I also think JRob likes him.

What gives you this impression?

11 hours ago, rns90 said:

We just signed our qb to more or less a 3 year contract and we are a win now team.  A qb in Round 1 doesn’t make any sense at all.  

It makes sense to me for several reasons. 

1) it keeps the Super Bowl window open for a decade not just 3 years

2) When Tannehill finishes his second season we will be looking to lock up Evans, Jackson, Landry to long term deals. If Landry continues to play the way he is, and continues to improve and develop into a star pass rusher he will command a monster salary, and the same could be said about Jackson... he will be finishing up his 5th year with the team and by that point if he continues on the trajectory he is on now, he will be a lockdown cover corner that will demand to be paid as such. Also Evans has already blossomed into a stud MLB and by that point he will be playing on the fifth year of his rookie contract and will be demanding top pay for an ILB and he is already moving into the defensive captain role which is something I expect him to take over this year. So if we are going to be locking down these 3 core defensive players it would be a lot easier to do as much if we are paying our franchise QB on a rookie contract vs paying Tannehill 29 million a year and having to let go of a few of those guys when we could keep them and transition to a QB that will have two years under his belt and in the scheme and primed to be the guy to keep the SB window open. 

we have a stacked roster as it stands after we add a RT and CB and a few role players (After either landing Clowney, and a young veteran DL, or adding a guy like Golden to the mix at OLB behind Landry and Beasley and adding a DL to pair with him)

To me it makes complete sense and it’s exactly what Baltimore did two years ago when they drafted Jackson, and what KC did the year prior with Mahomes)

4 hours ago, kyle021 said:

To me it makes complete sense and it’s exactly what Baltimore did two years ago when they drafted Jackson, and what KC did the year prior with Mahomes)

Flaccos career was coming to an end and I think Reid knew he needed more than Alex Smith to run the offense he wanted to run.

Tannehill may be here for a while or at least that's the hope.

And as far as BPA goes most QBs aren't BPA till round 3 or 4.  It's the importance of the position that causes them to be ranked higher.

Don't wave Lamar Jackson in my face until we see how he does next year.  He's got a great defense and the most creative rushing offense in the league.  And still got punked at home.

Patrick Mahomes went 10th.  QBs with potential are gonna get snatched before they pass the middle of the first round.

I hate how people cherry pick the draft. Like for instance Lamar Jackson went late in the first that doesnt mean Jordan Love will too. Ive learned each draft is different, you gotta throw out what happened years prior..Yeah sometimes RBs go in the top 5 sometimes they dont go in the first round, etc. 

18 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Patrick Mahomes went 10th.  QBs with potential are gonna get snatched before they pass the middle of the first round.

Most of top QBs playing today would disagree with you...

Edited by japan

17 minutes ago, japan said:

Most of top QBs playing today would disagree with you...

I don't know what you are talking about, Ryan Tannehill went at #8

17 hours ago, Denali said:

This guy still sucks no matter how many threads people keep making about him.

You and me had to agree on something at some point...

8 hours ago, kyle021 said:

It's not exactly what either one of them did. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Flacco had just finished his 2nd year of a 3-year contract when they drafted Lamar. And Alex Smith had just finished year 3 of a 4-year deal when KC drafted Mahomes. So, if we want to model those teams, we don't take a first QB this year or next year.

Edited by siamesedinasour