Jordan Love

kyle021

With Tannehill essentially on a two year deal and no backup QB and Jordan Love being the prototype QB the league is trending toward, would you draft him if he fell to pick 29, and let him backup Tannehill, and groom him for the next two seasons to be that guy when Tannehill is entering his third year which would clear a lot of cap space and we would have a QB who has two years on the bench learning and working on his technique and having full knowledge of the playbook? It could be a total steal if it worked out and a seamless transition. 

especially if we go out and land Clowney and bring in a vet DL to replace Casey and acquiring a RB and CB in rounds 2&3 with a WR in 5 similar to what we got from Sharpe in the fifth 4 years ago?

I would have a hard time being upset if we took Love at pick 29 and groomed him to be the apparent to Tannehill, and keeping the SB window open for years to come

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tannehill is 99.9% a 3 year deal.  The things that would have to happen for the Titans to not have year 3 and eat that much dead money are nearly impossible.

What is with all these thread titles that are just a guy's name or like 2 words?  How hard is it to put a somewhat descriptive title?

I'd rather not use the 29th pick on a QB.

38 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Tannehill is 99.9% a 3 year deal.  The things that would have to happen for the Titans to not have year 3 and eat that much dead money are nearly impossible.

I thought they gave him a lot of solid guaranteed money in years 1-3 to keep the avg/yr reasonable...

If he plays like a top 10ish starter, his year 3-4 salary will be very team friendly...

Just now, ChemEngr79 said:

I thought they gave him a lot of solid guaranteed money in years 1-3 to keep the avg/yr reasonable...

If he plays like a top 10ish starter, his year 3-4 salary will be very team friendly...

IIRC it's $91M over 3 years. 

$30M per sounds really high to some people right now but his year 1 cost is less than the tag would have been and his 3 year total will look like very reasonable when it's over. 

QB salaries are going to skyrocket with the new CBA. 

Kyle, my problem with this is that if we constantly are thinking of the future, we wont win shit. We were close this year and I would rather pick players who may help us now. We do not have a roster that allows the luxury of this pick.

5 minutes ago, abenjami said:

IIRC it's $91M over 3 years. 

$30M per sounds really high to some people right now but his year 1 cost is less than the tag would have been and his 3 year total will look like very reasonable when it's over. 

QB salaries are going to skyrocket with the new CBA. 

I thought it was 61 guaranteed with incentives up to 92 or whatever and the third year becomes guaranteed on the fifth day of the new league year

Just now, kyle021 said:

I thought it was 61 guaranteed with incentives up to 92 or whatever and the third year becomes guaranteed on the fifth day of the new league year

3rd year becomes guaranteed on the 5th day of next year, not year 3. 

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

What is with all these thread titles that are just a guy's name or like 2 words?  How hard is it to put a somewhat descriptive title?

Who has the time to devote to such weighty affairs these days?

Edited by NashvilleNinja