GLinks

Would you trade up for “the right front 7 player?”

2 hours ago, GLinks said:

19 K’Lavon Chaisson and pick 91 for 29, 61.

17 Derrick Brown for 29, 61 and swap of 6ths.

2 beasts there, for sure.  K'Lavon kinda like Jevon (Kearse).  And Brown, whoa.  Can't have enough Brown on the team.  Got AJ Brown, Arthur Smith's Dad owns UPS Brown Fed Ex and one of my fucking vehicles is Brown.  Probably won't happen though, but damn.

Edited by OilerTitanHybrid

For the right front 7 guy.....  absolutely.  Not even a question in my mind.  Would have to be a real special player but getting another Simmons quality player means way more than just accumulating picks.  You don't win with a bunch of JAG players you win with the very best.  You can sign Austin Johnson's or guys like Correa to fill holes.  Those other guys are difference makers.  

3 hours ago, Guts said:

Doubtful. We've traded up to many times the past couple drafts. We need to trade down to accumulate picks. We're losing a lot of free agents, and will need to replace them somewhere.

The window is open for this team right now. A trade up is definitely on the table. 

It's win now mode.  If they can identify and get an impact player - so be it.

Now the flip side is that it's likely that OTA's are cancelled and TC may even be reduced.  The odds of having immediate impact from rookies is probably lessened with the Covid deal.

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

Nope. Jrob needs to take his medicine this year and trade down. You can't trade up every year.

I think this is the perfect year to trade out of the first and at least recoup a 4th. 

5 minutes ago, GLinks said:

I think this is the perfect year to trade out of the first and at least recoup a 4th. 

If OT fly off the board as quickly as predicted I could see an OT desperate team jumping into the late first round to grab one, last year there was a big scramble for OL early in round 2 that scramble could happen late first round this year if a team wants a guy who can start pretty quickly and not wait for a more developmental type guy.

The other position I could see teams jumping up for is IDL, assume that Brown/Kinlaw will both be gone by the time the Cowboys pick at #17, if some team in the early to mid 20's take either Marlon Davidson or Ross Blacklock I could see a team jump up from the early-mid 2nd round to get the last of the upper tier IDL, think there is a bit of a drop off after the top 4 to guys like Gallimore/Madubuike/Elliot/Davis.

Stand pat at 29, but preferably let one of he teams in the Top 5 of Round 2 trade up with us and net an extra 3

Edited by AvgJoe

52 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If OT fly off the board as quickly as predicted I could see an OT desperate team jumping into the late first round to grab one, last year there was a big scramble for OL early in round 2 that scramble could happen late first round this year if a team wants a guy who can start pretty quickly and not wait for a more developmental type guy.

The other position I could see teams jumping up for is IDL, assume that Brown/Kinlaw will both be gone by the time the Cowboys pick at #17, if some team in the early to mid 20's take either Marlon Davidson or Ross Blacklock I could see a team jump up from the early-mid 2nd round to get the last of the upper tier IDL, think there is a bit of a drop off after the top 4 to guys like Gallimore/Madubuike/Elliot/Davis.

I can also see it for wideouts. Teams are going to try to duplicate what the Titans did and find the next AJ Brown. So any team with a new QB or need for receiver could be a possible trade partner.

4 minutes ago, GLinks said:

I can also see it for wideouts. Teams are going to try to duplicate what the Titans did and find the next AJ Brown. So any team with a new QB or need for receiver could be a possible trade partner.

Plenty of WR available in this draft i'm not sure teams will be desperate to trade up for say WR 4/5/6 at the back end of round 1.

This feels like a trade down or stay pat year. Don't really see a front 7 guy worth making a big move for that's realistic (Chase Young ain't happening).

38 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Plenty of WR available in this draft i'm not sure teams will be desperate to trade up for say WR 4/5/6 at the back end of round 1.

Who is?  It’s always about finding the right one for your system. You can’t expect “any one will do” unless you’re just forced into a position to grab a body because you missed a mark.

It doesn’t really matter if the position is deep or shallow. The top talent is shallow compared to the whole. It might not spread around enough to last to where a team ideally wants it to. 

And what’s more, 4 5 6 etc is going to look different across a lot of boards. So in the end it just comes down to fear of missing out on whomever.