Would you trade up for “the right front 7 player?”

GLinks

Lots of things could still happen in FA but with the roster as it stands now, I would not be in favor of trading up because it would almost certainly lead to holes that always bite you going into the post season. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubtful. We've traded up to many times the past couple drafts. We need to trade down to accumulate picks. We're losing a lot of free agents, and will need to replace them somewhere.

Fuck it   trade all of our picks and next years first and second as well as Davis to move up and draft Chase Young!

Nope. Jrob needs to take his medicine this year and trade down. You can't trade up every year.

4 hours ago, GLinks said:

Who is?  It’s always about finding the right one for your system. You can’t expect “any one will do” unless you’re just forced into a position to grab a body because you missed a mark.

It doesn’t really matter if the position is deep or shallow. The top talent is shallow compared to the whole. It might not spread around enough to last to where a team ideally wants it to. 

And what’s more, 4 5 6 etc is going to look different across a lot of boards. So in the end it just comes down to fear of missing out on whomever.

I don’t like Higgins as a first rounder. A lot of mocks have him in round one, I just don’t see it. Not a fan. I hate comparing players to previous players from the same school but he reminds me a lot of Mike Williams. 

He has great measurements for a team needing a big body receiver especially in the red zone but he reminds me of Mike Williams from a few years back and a little bit of Arcega-Whiteside. 

a WR I really like is Jefferson from LSU... his game reminds me of Keenan Allen. I think he will he a stud at the next level and can see Carolina targeting him to reunite him with Brady. 

another WO I like a ton is Brandon Aiyuk. His game reminds me of Randall Cobb in his younger days. He can be a special slot WR

8 hours ago, Guts said:

Possibly. However, we are to the point where we will be losing more free agents then retaining. We can't pay everyone. We need to build quality depth, with the next man up mentality.

We have very little draft capital this year, and still have some major holes to fill.

Little capital? We have like 9 picks. No 4th but 3 7ths. That is nor premium stuff but we have picks.

Draft capital is top heavy, not based on the number of picks.  Three 7 round picks is fine to avoid UDFA competition but it's not the same ROI wise as having 3 first rounders or 3 second rounders.

My expectation is that the Titans will either use the pick at 29 to get someone they rated much higher or they will try to trade down with someone looking to move up to turn that 29 into 2 or 3 day 2 picks.

Just now, Soxcat said:

By golly another brilliant deduction here.  Now we know three 7th round picks isn't the same (ROI fancy), or as good as having three 1st round picks.  

Damn you are on a roll.  Again, keep up the good work.  This was so insightful.  

Oh, the second part is good to.  The Titans will either take someone at #29 they really like or try and trade down.

That by the way is what every team tries to do if they aren't enamored with their choices or feel they can get the same caliber guy a few picks later.

Problem is you need a dance partner.   

Fuck you.  I responded to Callidus, who equated capital to the number of picks.

2 hours ago, Callidus said:

Little capital? We have like 9 picks. No 4th but 3 7ths. That is nor premium stuff but we have picks.

7th rounders are the equivalent of priority free agents, I wouldn't consider them capital.

11 hours ago, kyle021 said:

I don’t like Higgins as a first rounder. A lot of mocks have him in round one, I just don’t see it. Not a fan. I hate comparing players to previous players from the same school but he reminds me a lot of Mike Williams. 

He has great measurements for a team needing a big body receiver especially in the red zone but he reminds me of Mike Williams from a few years back and a little bit of Arcega-Whiteside. 

a WR I really like is Jefferson from LSU... his game reminds me of Keenan Allen. I think he will he a stud at the next level and can see Carolina targeting him to reunite him with Brady. 

another WO I like a ton is Brandon Aiyuk. His game reminds me of Randall Cobb in his younger days. He can be a special slot WR

Aiyuk has drawn comparisons to Brown as far as YAC ability. 

Higgins’ 40 hurt him badly. I’m sure some team will still take him in the 2nd rd. 

4 hours ago, BudAdams said:

The Titans don't have cap trouble.....

Below 90, no, but if we want to make big upgrades before the start of the season, we'll need to spend more money. That will create some cap issues. Anytime you pay a tackle, safety, QB, RB the kinda money we're paying, there's cap trouble.