Would you trade up for “the right front 7 player?”

GLinks

I saw a couple of mocks last night where the Titans trade into the 17-19 range.

19 K’Lavon Chaisson and pick 91 for 29, 61.

17 Derrick Brown for 29, 61 and swap of 6ths.

I thought it was interesting since mocks tend to trend a certain way and these were the first Titan trade ups I’ve seen. I’m not a huge fan given the needs to fill — I’d rather trade down into the meat of the draft for more picks.

Is there a DL guy you would trade up for if they fell into the teens or 20s? I guess I’m slightly more intrigued by A.J. Epenesa falling, and talent falling in general

Personally, I see them maybe trading down or slightly reaching for Neville Gallimore, Ross Blacklock, Jordan Elliott tier if they’re going for DL.

But what do you guys think?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubtful. We've traded up to many times the past couple drafts. We need to trade down to accumulate picks. We're losing a lot of free agents, and will need to replace them somewhere.

Fuck it   trade all of our picks and next years first and second as well as Davis to move up and draft Chase Young!

Nope. Jrob needs to take his medicine this year and trade down. You can't trade up every year.

Derrick brown is a fucking beast-If he gets anywhere’s near 20 u def gotta get on the phone see what it takes no exceptions.Kids played at a high level since high school.Great kid also he came to a camp we were at,Displayed great leadership skills and a high IQ for the game.

18 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

Fuck it

trade all of our picks and next years first and second as well as Davis to move up and draft Chase Young!

This has been done before.  I would ask Chase his views on marijuana first before pulling the trigger.

The @Saints traded ALL their picks. And landed @HeismanTrophy winner Ricky Williams (@Rickthelaureate)! The trade included all six of the Saints picks in the '99 draft and two others a year later.Apr 17, 2018

52 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think they're more likely to trade down than up, but who knows. Robinson has definitely shown that he'll trade up for his guy. 

Has JRob even traded down at all in recent years?

I mean, he's traded down before, but only to trade back up. He doesn't like sitting still if there's a guy available and within striking distance.

You can have 20 picks and have nothing more then 20 scrubs or you target a guy and go get him if you think he is a special player.

In my opnion trading down for more picks is overated and only should be done if there is no one on the board you value at that spot. 

18 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Has JRob even traded down at all in recent years?

I mean, he's traded down before, but only to trade back up. He doesn't like sitting still if there's a guy available and within striking distance.

He traded down from #1 to eventually take Conklin. I think that counts.

Edited by Starkiller

IMO Vrabel and staff have done a very nice job developing players.. and the roster this year is 55 active and 14 practice squad.. so a big need for more players..