Giants Sign DL Austin Johnson

tgo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Btw, I think the Casey move is really about getting Simmons into what they feel is his natural position.    So the add is probably going to be a nose or 5 technique. 

It is refreshing to have a GM playing Chess instead of Candy Land...

When they said the 2020 Titans will not be the 2019 Titans they meant the hell out of that.

12 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

An early draft pick on the DL seems fairly likely at this point, but they could also sign Shelby Harris or Tim Jernigan.

Wolfe too, better player than both. Or Damon Harrison at nose, with Da'Quan moving back to 5 tech, etc. 

Mike Daniels, Marcell Dareus, Christian Covington, Margus Hunt, etc. 

Plenty of options, just none that are an upgrade on Casey. 

1 minute ago, kyle021 said:

I hope we get Harris or Jernigan. 

I would like to see us grab Jernigan and Clowney to round out the front 7. 

There’s no doubt in my mind that Mack makes the final 53. He really came on last year and showed a ton of promise in preseason

I agree, but I do find it odd that Mack lost snaps to Ivie down the stretch. 

16 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

In hindsight they likely drafted Simmons knowing this season he'd take over for Casey and they would get rid of Casey's contract

Think this strategy is also why JRob also recently used one of the Titans 2 weekly scheduled face time interviews on Baylor WR Denzel Mims, it isn't an immediate need but he is projecting ahead looking at a team without Corey Davis and assessing whether Mims is a potential long term partner for AJ Brown.

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Think this strategy is also why JRob also recently used one of the Titans 2 weekly scheduled face time interviews on Baylor WR Denzel Mims, it isn't an immediate need but he is projecting ahead looking at a team without Corey Davis and assessing whether Mims is a potential long term partner for AJ Brown.

Think Mims could make it to the 2nd round? 

38 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Early 2nd round is possible, don't think all the way to pick #61 is realistic though.

Have seen reports suggesting the Bengals are very interested in him at pick #33 as a long term successor to AJ Green.

Neither Mims nor Reagor will make it to #61.  I guess the only one of that late 1-early 2nd round tier that may make it there is Shenault and that's because he has an injury issue.  We would be better off drafting a position where players fall due to the run on WR in the round.  We could probably take one in 3rd round.  I don't really think the drop off from that tier is as significant.  But that assumes that we'll fill the need at IDL/EDGE in FA.

13 minutes ago, SuperTitanic said:

And how did this guy get any value to warrant a free agent signing? One of the worse high drafted players in franchise history next to Blidi Wreh Wilson and Andre Woolfolk. 

More stupidity. 

So Austin Johnson was more valuable than Marcus Mariota since his drafting in a Titans uniform? Stupidity Japan? With an entitlement like that coming representing the place area of world horror, I'd choose my words a little more carefully. 

And where arguing over "Austin Johnson."