7 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I did say if they are within a couple of mil.  Is that hard to understand?

You are also a moron if you think we can replace Henry's production.  If we do use a draft pick to get a RB that means we have once less quality draft pick to use on another position.  Maybe someone can help you look up what FA RBs are available as well.  

wrong trump GIF

Fully aware of the other options - both the vets on the market and the draft prospects.  Fully aware of how huge RB contracts have failed.  Fully aware of how easy other teams seem to find affordable, productive backs.  Given the investment on the OL, it's perfectly reasonable to RB production to be fine.

Seattle had a group of backs put similar numbers up in terms of yards and at a fraction of the cost.  KC was led by a trio of backs.

The real issue is whether the Titans want a long term deal with Henry.  My guess is that they only do if the price is below the 10 M mark on average.  If not, buy year to year while hedging a hold out or regression with a viable alternative that is really unlikely to be a veteran on the market.

Edited by BudAdams

7 hours ago, BudAdams said:

wrong trump GIF

Fully aware of the other options - both the vets on the market and the draft prospects.  Fully aware of how huge RB contracts have failed.  Fully aware of how easy other teams seem to find affordable, productive backs.  Given the investment on the OL, it's perfectly reasonable to RB production to be fine.

Seattle had a group of backs put similar numbers up in terms of yards and at a fraction of the cost.  KC was led by a trio of backs.

The real issue is whether the Titans want a long term deal with Henry.  My guess is that they only do if the price is below the 10 M mark on average.  If not, buy year to year while hedging a hold out or regression with a viable alternative that is really unlikely to be a veteran on the market.

Not that I entirely disagree, but the two teams you mentioned have the best QBs in the league. I’m not saying Tannehill is completely reliant on a dominant running game, but it definitely maximizes his sit in the pocket and wait till the last moment to unleash style. Even though he’s fast, he isn’t a functional scrambler. Having defenses key on Henry could be a key factor in keeping him healthy and in his zone. 

I think there’s merit in bridging the gap, or at least attempting to, with Henry. He is the face of the franchise and is now probably the leader of the team. I also don’t see him wearing down that much for at least a couple years with the caveat we get a legitimate number 2. 

Even if we pay Henry if we run with a rook and any of the other backs on the roster we are still spending nothing at rb. It would be around 15mil in true cap costs for the whole backfield.

5 hours ago, Number9 said:

I’m up in here telling people you need more money and you go do this. How about a little help bro. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2020/03/17/derrick-henry-kobe-bryant-chain-tribute-tennessee-titans/

Derrick Henry didn't get the contract he wanted from the Titans this month ... but he sure as hell got a dope chain regardless -- coppin' an $85K piece to honor his hero, Kobe Bryant.

TMZ Sports has learned Henry grew up a huge fan of the Mamba ... and shortly after the Lakers legend's death in January, Derrick hit up ZoFrost to have tribute drip made.

On 3/25/2020 at 8:15 PM, OILERMAN said:

I've already posted. I'd move on and acquire a starting caliber RB as if Henry wasn't even on the roster. If he holds out you're already set up to still have a good running game

You're out of your mind here.  Look, I remember singing from the same Hymn sheet when CHFF was in its pomp, but times and strategies change.  How can you have watched last season and figure that Henry is plug-and-play?

I seriously don't get it.  He's a unique talent.

On 3/25/2020 at 9:09 PM, Number9 said:

Henry made Ryan Tannehill a lot of money @Houston, @New England and @Baltimore.  I think he still has two more years to play at the same level.  We just had people explaining how he's not a bruiser and he doesn't take the punishment other big RB take.  He obviously takes care of his body and he got a lot of rest his first two seasons.  Fortunately his abilities are best used in a way they can't run him into the ground like the Steelers did with Bell.

Zeke Elliott is out there with a 60M contract in his pocket and a real team player like Henry get the tag.  Titans fans got unbelievable joy out of watching Henry run all over teams, then "well, he's a RB"  That's what he was in Houston, New England and Baltimore.  I would like to see the Titans not thumb their noses at karma and find a way to pay this guy.  Pay him for 2020, but also pay him for 2019.  "We can't afford to pay him"  Mariota 21M "oh, he a QB"

Titans might need to get a back like this guy, piss on a great team player like Derrick Henry.  

hi-res-b37c41befab76a621c0cffcc9096490d_

Been saying all along, give him some nice guaranteed money up front, then a 3-year contract that gets team-friendlier by the year, option after 2.

Dude deserves the money.  As good as Tannehill was this year, I'll always look back on this as the Year of DH22.

And it's not just me.  BOOM.

On 3/25/2020 at 9:09 PM, Number9 said:

Henry made Ryan Tannehill a lot of money @Houston, @New England and @Baltimore.  I think he still has two more years to play at the same level.  We just had people explaining how he's not a bruiser and he doesn't take the punishment other big RB take.  He obviously takes care of his body and he got a lot of rest his first two seasons.  Fortunately his abilities are best used in a way they can't run him into the ground like the Steelers did with Bell.

Zeke Elliott is out there with a 60M contract in his pocket and a real team player like Henry get the tag.  Titans fans got unbelievable joy out of watching Henry run all over teams, then "well, he's a RB"  That's what he was in Houston, New England and Baltimore.  I would like to see the Titans not thumb their noses at karma and find a way to pay this guy.  Pay him for 2020, but also pay him for 2019.  "We can't afford to pay him"  Mariota 21M "oh, he a QB"

Titans might need to get a back like this guy, piss on a great team player like Derrick Henry.  

hi-res-b37c41befab76a621c0cffcc9096490d_

Been saying all along, give him some nice guaranteed money up front, then a 3-year contract that gets team-friendlier by the year, option after 2.

Dude deserves the money.  As good as Tannehill was this year, I'll always look back on this as the Year of DH22.

And it's not just me.  BOOM.

It starts with locking up the franchise QB.  Despite what you may think, Henry was helped in LARGE part by Tannehill.  The team leaned on Henry in the playoffs because he couldn't be stopped.  There wasn't a huge need to throw it.  

6 hours ago, CharrdWood said:

You're out of your mind here.  Look, I remember singing from the same Hymn sheet when CHFF was in its pomp, but times and strategies change.  How can you have watched last season and figure that Henry is plug-and-play?

I seriously don't get it.  He's a unique talent.

All RBs are plug and play, even physical freaks like Henry, in fact two down RBs are even more plug and play. Besides that I didn't say not to keep him or pay him, I said move along as if he wasn't on the team so if he holds out or starts breaking down you're already set up to move on without him. 

We saw the offense with Henry late in 2018 and early 2019 without RT, it sucked. It starts with the QB. 

Don't fall for the same ol stuff people did with CJ or Dallas fans did with Elliott. 

He's just a RB

Bottom line is we have $22 mil in CAP space give or take.  If we don't sign Clowney what difference does it make if we throw an extra mil or so at Henry and get him signed?

We still need to look at a #2 RB to sign and also need to draft someone.    But the few mil more is irrelevant.  Henry is basically the face of the franchise and single handily carried the team at the end of the year and playoffs.   Like it is going to break the bank if we pay him $13 mil instead of $11.  Make Henry happy and move ahead.  Team him with Tannehill for the next couple of years and go for a championship.  

It's a HUGE assumption that the Titans and Henry are only a couple of million dollars apart.  It may be more like 6 M or 7 M apart or that Robinson doesn't want to commit to a huge second contract for a RB in any scenario because of the position itself.

We all know Henry backtracked after the comment about Elliot's deal but he still said it.  If he wants 15 M per year and the Titans are offering 8 M per year on a multi-year deal, that's how you get tagged......Odds of Henry getting a bigger deal after another year of being the bell cow back and being one year older are not in his favor. 

On 3/27/2020 at 3:07 PM, BudAdams said:

wrong trump GIF

I normally agree with you on things but youre wrong on this one. Henry cant be replaced at a fraction of the cost. Sure we can put another back in there but the offense will suffer. Tannehill is not going to run an offense on his own. He never has and there is no reason to expect that he will. 

On 3/27/2020 at 10:27 PM, OILERMAN said:

A RB hasn't been run into the ground like Henry was this past season since Earl Campbell 

They better get another RB ready

Eddie George was def put through the grinder worse than Henry ever has and was ran more than Campbell as well. Chris Johnson was also ran more than Henry. But these are HBs so its the norm for you to be completely wrong.