Henry and the tag

Callidus

1 minute ago, Soxcat said:

The main issue and reason Henry should agree to a long term contract at or slightly higher than the tag amount is that the team not being committed can run him into the ground.  If he has a 3 or 4 year deal that is reasonable   it would be beneficial for the team to conserve him to get more out him in the last years of the contract.  

Disagree.  He's a RB.  They're going to run him into the ground regardless.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You also said Dion Lewis was superior, so your opinion on RBs is pretty worthless. 

I'd expect a long term deal to be less than the franchise tag in terms of APY unless it's inflated by non-guaranteed backloaded money.   Add in if he's getting a big deal, he's getting the rock until he's on the down side. 

3 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

The main issue and reason Henry should agree to a long term contract at or slightly higher than the tag amount is that the team not being committed can run him into the ground.  If he has a 3 or 4 year deal that is reasonable   it would be beneficial for the team to conserve him to get more out him in the last years of the contract.  

The Steeler Plan.  They ran LB 400+ and planned to run him 400+ more.  They ran into a big problem when LB held out, AB left the planet and BB broke down.

I don't care what other people think, but when you try to use people up it doesn't always work out for your own good.

2 hours ago, titanruss said:

Robinson still is talking like he wants to get a deal dont before July 15 for more years. 

I could see a 3-4 year deal with ~$22M guaranteed in years 1-2 (using tag twice as basis) and team options for years 3/4 at something like ~$8-10M/yr. 

I don't expect any 6 years deals with 3 years of fluff on the back end.

Edited by ChemEngr79

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I wonder how much Robinson wants to even sign Henry to a long term deal, unless it's extremely team friendly 

I bet the deal looks good on the surface for Henry, something like 4/5 years 60 million, but in reality is a 2/3 year deal with dummy years at the end similar to how Caseys contract was structured. You can tell NFL players look at the average per year as a sort of ego thing

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2020 at 4:40 AM, IrishTitansFan said:

I bet the deal looks good on the surface for Henry, something like 4/5 years 60 million, but in reality is a 2/3 year deal with dummy years at the end similar to how Caseys contract was structured. You can tell NFL players look at the average per year as a sort of ego thing

As Floyd Reese used to say, I just left the last year blank and told the agent to put in whatever he wants, he's never going to see it anyways.

Most of the guys that get monster contracts know they'll never see the last couple of years of crazy money. It's not sustainable and it makes it harder for them to be traded because teams have to pick up some of that contract in a trade. They just get released.

Edited by freakingeek