Mock draft after first wave of FA

kyle021

2 hours ago, charleytolar said:

Just do us both a favor and put me on Ignore.  Wishing death by coronavirus on anyone is objectively not funny.  That you probably don't get that is the root of the problem.

Putting you on ignore would not be doing me a favor, it would be a disservice.  I would never deprive myself of the ability to watch your little tirades and other posters drumming you.

The root of the problem is your nonexistent sense of humor.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dobbins isn't falling to the Titans in round 3 either.  

Kyles mocks are delusional 

Now I know exactly what’s not going to happen

2 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Putting you on ignore would not be doing me a favor, it would be a disservice.  I would never deprive myself of the ability to watch your little tirades and other posters drumming you.

The root of the problem is your nonexistent sense of humor.

Tirade? You're the one who gets your panties in a wad. I'm toying with you guys on this matter, because my position is defensible. Your's, as your answer implies, is just selfish.

26 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Thanks for asking!!

Those are two arguments that I'm seeing here more and more agreement with on here; sometimes it takes a while for the truth to work its way to the surface.

The Patriots have drafted 2.5 starting NFL QBs ( a 6th, a 2nd, and a 3rd Rounder as I recall; we have drafted none. Overall they've drafted 2X (?) more QBs than have we and won how many more Super Bowls? Yeah, a lot is Brady, but they otherwise have a high performing team... that defense! Oh yes, and they have a tendency to trade down not up...

We let Conklin go in free agency and got that 3rd round draft pick back... yay! Is the 2nd coming, too? No?

Keep beating your head against that wall.

Generally I like JRob a lot as a GM. Everyone is going to strike out some, but he can spot some gems. I like it when he has a full arsenal of picks. My main criticism of JRob is the high price he pays to get what he wants. We still were only 9-7 (again) and the season was only saved by the emergence of Tannehill.

Have you not noticed all the moaning about our lack of "draft capital." In fact, this year our shortage of draft capital is by virtue of having Tannehill and Gilbert on the roster, yet still there is moanng about loss of draft capital. Those were one-for-one trade-offs that ended up in rostered players.

Moving up for Conklin was 1-for-3, Evans and Landry 1-for-2. Conklin is gone. Evans and Landry look more to be keepers, but we could/should have four more picks in recent years in rounds 2, 3, and 4. Maybe we wouldn't have all these needs now had we kept those picks: one 2RB, one Edge, one CB, and one OT? 

Had Evans and Landry not been available when our normal turn came up, I'm confident that JRob would have tabbed another talented player. With very few exceptions, there has always been a better player taken after any selection in the draft: probably not true of most of the QB class of '83 (?), Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Lawrence Taylor, and Mr. Irrelevant year in and out-- although lots of FAs make rosters whereas Mr. Irrelevant often does not.

???  Only Charlie complains about a trade that gives up a 4th rounder to acquired Tannehill.  You can't make this stuff up folks.

Edited by ctm

9 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Tirade? You're the one who gets your panties in a wad. I'm toying with you guys on this matter, because my position is defensible. Your's, as your answer implies, is just selfish.

Dude, you're seriously delusional.

8 minutes ago, ctm said:

???  Only Charlie complains about a trade that gives up a 4th rounder to acquired Tannehill.  You can't make this stuff up folks.

Unreal. Guy is a lunatic. And he’s basically complaining about Evans and Landry.

Edited by japan

10 minutes ago, ctm said:

Did you even read? I said that was worth it. You agenda has you crashing into walls.

4 minutes ago, japan said:

Unreal. Guy is a lunatic. And he’s basically complaining about Evans and Landry.

I said those may have been worth it where Conklin was not. We'll know in a couple of years. My concern is the cost of acquisition of these players.

I hear there are some free learn-to-read tutorials online. Quit mis-representing what I say to try and make your point.

15 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Dude, you're seriously delusional.

Delusional? Only your words:

"Putting you on ignore would not be doing me a favor, it would be a disservice.  I would never deprive myself of the ability to watch your little tirades and other posters drumming you."

Without realizing it, you have confirmed what I've been saying. No poster should be the topic of discussion. That should be reserved for football-related topics, but you and your crew insist on doing whatever the hell you want with people. Sordid world.

It's not about having a sense of humor or not having a sense of humor. I have a hellacious sense of humor... your schtick is just tiresome and irksome... not funny... except to each other. I know the moderator and I fear the site-owner is in league with you because nothing ever changes.

22 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Delusional? Only your words:

"Putting you on ignore would not be doing me a favor, it would be a disservice.  I would never deprive myself of the ability to watch your little tirades and other posters drumming you."

Without realizing it, you have confirmed what I've been saying. No poster should be the topic of discussion. That should be reserved for football-related topics, but you and your crew insist on doing whatever the hell you want with people. Sordid world.

It's not about having a sense of humor or not having a sense of humor. I have a hellacious sense of humor... your schtick is just tiresome and irksome... not funny... except to each other. I know the moderator and I fear the site-owner is in league with you because nothing ever changes.

What is clear is that you are incapable of understanding that your beliefs about what the content "should be" are not in line with the majority of posters and the long standing history of this board (including prior iterations).

Feel free to start your own website with your own crew (whoever that is) if you can't handle things here.

Edited by abenjami

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

What is clear is that you are incapable of understanding that your beliefs about what the content "should be" are not in line with the majority of posters and the long standing history of this board (including prior iterations).

Feel free to start your own website with your own crew (whoever that is) if you can't handle things here.

I propose that Tolar starts a new site with Joel and Simple Jake. I’ll promise to drop in and check it out. 

19 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Majority? How many registered users and I count about <20 regular trouble-makers. Now, who's delusional? You have nothing but an illegitimate claim to make. What I propose is a norm around the world. Most won't protest because they don't want to become targets. All you've really done is coopt the site for your particular preferences and the rest be damned.

1 minute ago, charleytolar said:

Majority? How many registered users and I count about <20 regular trouble-makers. Now, who's delusional? You have nothing but an illegitimate claim to make. What I propose is a norm around the world. Most won't protest because they don't want to become targets. All you've really done is coopt the site for your particular preferences and the rest be damned.

This is laughable.  Go back and look at how this exchange started.  I did nothing more than express my opinion that this mock is funny because it assumes we sign Clowney.

Instead of respecting my opinion and that of some others, you made a personal attack by calling people "hasslers" and made a lame attempt to insult someone else's intelligence by saying fun speculation was beyond their comprehension.  You consistently make yourself a target and the fact you can't understand that is part of your delusion.

I am, however, flattered that you believe I am powerful enough to have coopt a website that has a large number of posters who have been around for 20 or so years. 

2 minutes ago, abenjami said:

This is laughable.  Go back and look at how this exchange started.  I did nothing more than express my opinion that this mock is funny because it assumes we sign Clowney.

Instead of respecting my opinion and that of some others, you made a personal attack by calling people "hasslers" and made a lame attempt to insult someone else's intelligence by saying fun speculation was beyond their comprehension.  You consistently make yourself a target and the fact you can't understand that is part of your delusion.

I am, however, flattered that you believe I am powerful enough to have coopt a website that has a large number of posters who have been around for 20 or so years. 

Kyle was making two mocks, one with a speculative condition that we had signed Clowney as a free agent-- the other to come, I guess, will be to re-signing Correa.

You converted that condition into an "assumption" and added the LOL. You've distorted what he said for your own purposes.

Maybe a thin effrontery, but you are also paying for your many past sins as well when this topic is addressed... ?

1 minute ago, charleytolar said:

Kyle was making two mocks, one with a speculative condition that we had signed Clowney as a free agent-- the other to come, I guess, will be to re-signing Correa.

You converted that condition into an "assumption" and added the LOL. You've distorted what he said for your own purposes.

Maybe a thin effrontery, but you are also paying for your many past sins as well when this topic is addressed... ?

Please keep up the delusion so we can keep laughing at you.

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

Please keep up the delusion so we can keep laughing at you.

You are obsessed with delusions. I used the actual words used by YOU in both cases. They were real!

DELUSION: "a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact:"