Mock draft after first wave of FA

kyle021

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dobbins isn't falling to the Titans in round 3 either.  

Kyles mocks are delusional 

Now I know exactly what’s not going to happen

4 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Teams don't do it any more (name one team that has done it).  1st of all the good QBs aren't usually around after the first two rounds and secondly this idea of taking a QB and "developing them" has proven to be a fallacy.  Mariota developed for 5 years and was regressing.  Riding the bench doesn't make guys better it just delays when we find out if they are any good or not.  Someone will always point to a guy like Rogers which proves nothing,  Best thing for a QB is to let them play a few years and see if they improve.  Hey, Locker sat for a year and see how that really helped him.  Again, it just delays the inevitable.   Seattle took a flyer on Russell Wilson in the 3rd round and he beat out everyone and won the job his rookie year.    

Teams most certainly do it still. Drafting a quarterback no matter the round is a crap shoot. 

Steelers - Jones, Rudolph, Dobbs

Patriots - Brissett, Stidham

Giants - Lauletta, Webb

I could continue to go if you want, but it's a pointless exercise.

Obviously it's rare to find a stud late, but you never know. Wilson and Foles both one Superbowls being day 3 picks most recently.

3 hours ago, Callidus said:

They are fun though. You couldn't pull that shit off in madden. But the detail is great and he is so optimistic lol.

If he presented them as fun it would be one thing. He makes 18457942 of them and then tries to pump his chest as the draft guru because he called certain players being draft or turning out good. He has chilled out the last couple of years so he isnt as bad.

I don't dislike Kyle and I dont think many people do. People just like to bust his balls. I dont get why Tolar is being such a bitch about it.

5 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

If he presented them as fun it would be one thing. He makes 18457942 of them and then tries to pump his chest as the draft guru because he called certain players being draft or turning out good. He has chilled out the last couple of years so he isnt as bad.

I don't dislike Kyle and I dont think many people do. People just like to bust his balls. I dont get why Tolar is being such a bitch about it.

I don't dislike Kyle either.  Also, he presents some of his stuff with such conviction (can't find the right term) that it's kind of funny that it ends up inevitably being so wrong.

What’s so hard to believe about an injured RB who teams can’t perform a medical check on, and didn’t do any drills at the combine and can’t be interviewed, drops to the third?

Whats so hard to believe about us taking a WR in the second round? We will only have two on the roster after next season and this draft is littered with big time WR’s

Is it bc we signed Humphries to a big deal last year and drafted Brown in 2? Y’all realize that we struck gold with Brown, but Humphries has underwhelmed right? Y’all realize JR likely doesn’t use the fifth year option on CD right?

6 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I don't dislike Kyle either.  Also, he presents some of his stuff with such conviction (can't find the right term) that it's kind of funny that it ends up inevitably being so wrong.

They are my own takes on the player. When evaluating players people are wrong way more often than not. 

For instance I am probably wrong about CJ Henderson but I just don’t see the transition for him. 

I think Gladney is an absolute stud and a future shut down corner. I love his tenacity in the run game and how he approaches would be ball carriers and throws himself in this mix vs being shy about tackling like most corners

5 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

What’s so hard to believe about an injured RB who teams can’t perform a medical check on, and didn’t do any drills at the combine and can’t be interviewed, drops to the third?

Whats so hard to believe about us taking a WR in the second round? We will only have two on the roster after next season and this draft is littered with big time WR’s

Is it bc we signed Humphries to a big deal last year and drafted Brown in 2? Y’all realize that we struck gold with Brown, but Humphries has underwhelmed right? Y’all realize JR likely doesn’t use the fifth year option on CD right?

O calm down. 3 people just defended you and now you are complaining. Being slightly critical of you is nothing like what most of the board does.

9 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

I just have an issue with taking a WR when there are other pressing needs/depth issues.  Don't take it so personal.  

1 hour ago, kyle021 said:

It is very unlikely that Dobbins falls to the 3rd. Its even more unlikely that he falls to #93. He is regarded as a top 3 RB prospect and there are too many RB needy teams for him to fall that far.

I actually agree that WR is a position we will target at some point in the draft. Davis is likely gone after this year, Sharpe isnt being retained at this point and Humpheries is a situational slot WR who will likely be cut after 2020 if he doesnt perform. There are going to be a lot of guys in the mid rounds that could contribute in year 1 and develop into a WR2.

Edited by CaliTitan3518

6 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

It is very unlikely that Dobbins falls to the 3rd. Its even more unlikely that he falls to #93. He is regarded as a top 3 RB prospect and there are too many RB needy teams for him to fall that far.

I actually agree that WR is a position we will target at some point in the draft. Davis is likely gone after this year, Sharpe isnt being retained at this point and Humpheries is a situational slot WR who will likely be cut after 2020 if he doesnt perform. There are going to be a lot of guys in the mid rounds that could contribute in year 1 and develop into a WR2.

Idk man. I think we may see a few RB go ahead of Dobbins. Just bc he is the #3 RB doesn’t mean he will be the third back taken. 

There will be some surprises at RB like there are every year. Like when Seattle drafted Penny in the first, or when we took Sankey in the middle of the second when no RB’s were taken before that. 

I even found it surprising when Detroit took Johnson so high two years ago. 

My overall point (I should have clarified) is that we take a RB in the third. I was trying to find a way to justify Dobbins at our third rounder by using the most realistic options, and I admit even that is a stretch, but I also wouldn’t discount it. 

Adding two guys to the offense in Reagor and Dobbins would be huge. That’s a lot of speed and play making ability we are adding which will give us some more horses to run with KC. We showed in week 10 last year that we can play with them, but we also showed in the playoffs why we can’t play with them even though I think that loss was more to do with the team being gassed playing 3 road games in the playoffs and the pressure of being one game from the SB was new to almost the entire roster. 

I wouldn’t be upset at all if we traded up from 93 to the top of round 3 to grab Dobbins. I really think he is going to be special for a long time in this league even though he is of shorter nature and his style of physical play. He really really and I mean really reminds me of Kareem Hunt. 

4 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

Well that’s all I could find when I asked, but evaluators keep bringing up off-field concerns. That article mentioning him and Blacklock seem more like “on-field” concerns.

Pacman brings up bad memories.

Maybe it’s more social in nature, I dunno.