Mock draft after first wave of FA

kyle021

With the first wave of FA being over and the start of the second wave today it seems clear what we will be doing in the draft and that is BPA. 

It seems clear to me that we are going with Kelly as the starter at RT and Sambrailio as the backup to LT and RT. 

The Beasley signing replaces losing Wake and is an upgrade to Wake IMO in the pass rushing department and he is a perfect scheme fit and I think Vrabes will fed him back to his pro bowl form when he played a pass rushing OLB... playing opposite Landry and with Walker and Roberson rotating behind them and potentially Correa or Clowney I can see him putting up 10+ sacks. 

we still have yet to see what we are going to do with the money that we got back from departing Casey, and if we sign Clowney or not... So with that I’m going to throw two mocks in here. A mock in the event we sign Clowney and a mock in the event we don’t sign him and instead retain Correa.

In the event we sign Clowney and after signing Ty and Kelly picture the draft going like this...

1) Jeff Gladney - CB - TCU

- I think he is the #2 CB in this draft ahead of Fulton and Henderson. Has a great blend of H/W/S and ball skills. Fluid hips and can mirror WR’s in man coverage and possesses great ball skills. He will be the #3 CB in 2020 for us and will be the successor to Butler in 2021. In Nickel packages though it’s fair to ask if it’ll be Gladney as the NB his rookie year, or will Butler/Jackson assume that role? Would Hooker play NB, or would Hooker take Vaccaros spot in nickel packages and Gladney moving to the NB spot? A lot of talent on this roster and versatility. One thing is for sure. We need a playmaker like him in our secondary as well as his speed. He has a high motor, and is a beast in the run game. He is never shy on contact and he has great technique. I think he most likely goes in the top 20, but you never know. He may fall to 29. If he is there I think it would be a big mistake passing on him. If you want to see a solid shutdown corner tackle like a safety just watch the beginning of this highlight reel. He damn near decapitates the ball carrier. His game honestly reminds me a lot of Pac-Man Jones. 

2) Jalen Reagor - WR - TCU

- Back to back picks from TCU giving us back to back playmakers. Reagor is known for his speed and was usually the fastest man on the field on Saturdays during his career at TCU. This kid can flat out fly and I think he is a perfect fit for many reasons, one of them being his speed making him a great option on play action where Tannehill can drop back and air it out to this kid when defenses are focused on Henry. Reagor possesses the kind of speed that forces the defenses to not stack the box bc of his ability to take the top off a defense. Also he is a great option on screen passes with his speed and he has great vision. One thing that doesn’t get talked about enough with him is his ability to win jump balls. At 5’11 you wouldn’t think he would be able to win those a lot, but more often than not this kid wins them. Another reason to draft him? He is a damn good punt returner. Go to 1:35 mark of this highlight reel to see what I am talking about. If I had to compare him to an active player in the NFL it would be Mecole Hardman. We get ourselves our very own version of what the Chiefs have and makes them so dynamic on offense. With Brown taking on the #1 CB on Sunday’s and Davis being the #2 WR that can still ball when he gets the call, and Humphries the slot, possession WR, I think Reagor steps in day 1 in four WR sets and will get his fair share of opportunities for big time plays and I think we will see plenty of them. 

Round 3 - J.K Dobbins - RB - Ohio State

- This is where the loss of pro day, and medical checks helps us. This kid is my #2 RB in the draft behind Swift, but he was hurt in the CFP and is going to drop bc of the injury and the lack of teams being able to do their medical check. You just have to trust the tape when drafting him. He is going to be a steal in round 3 and he has all the tools to be an RB1 in the NFL. He has great patience as a runner, and power. He has a great blend of size speed and power and he is also a threat out of the backfield. He is the perfect compliment to Henry. It’s hard not to fall in love with the idea of him in two tone blue when watching his tape. I thought about Zack Moss here, but ultimately went with the Buckeye alum. He reminds me a lot of Kareem Hunt. 

I will come back to this in a bit and add more to it, and finish this mock and add the mock that doesn’t feature us without Clowney later this evening. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dobbins isn't falling to the Titans in round 3 either.  

Kyles mocks are delusional 

Now I know exactly what’s not going to happen

They are not going to draft a WR in round 2. With the depth issues at IDL, two one year guys at RT, those are the more likely spots (along with RB), and edge if Clowney/or another edge rusher isn't signed.

Two questions, do you think wr is a bigger need than rb ordo you think that guy is that good? Other question

Is how big is your hard on for this cb? I get he is good but you mention him every chance you get. 

i know you are passionate about players but it seems a bit much.

16 minutes ago, ctm said:

Dobbins isn't falling to the Titans in round 3 either.  

I bet he does. 

Teams are unable to do their medical checks and also he didn’t participate in anything at the combine besides the bench press which he got 23 reps at. 

I think he slips to the third because of this although it’s most likely the top of 3 where we would have to trade up to get him and I am fine with that. 

However I wouldn’t mind if we traded up into the top of the 4th to get Moss or Vaughn at RB. 

Moss and Vaughn are very interesting prospects bc they both add speed to the run game (Not that Henry isn’t fast bc he is) and they also would contribute to the passing game. 

I absolutely think WR could be an early target for us.

Reagor is electric and he will bring us the type of athleticism at WR we lack. Brown and Davis are plenty fast but Reagor is in a whole different world when it comes to speed than anyone on this roster. He is what we thought we were getting from Taywan Taylor. After the 2020 season we only have two WR on contract in Brown and Humphries unless we apply the fifth year option to Davis which is extremely unlikely at this point.

I do agree IDL is a need after letting Casey go, but I see JR going after a vet at IDL like Harris or Adams or someone that’s a June first cut. 

As long as we are pretending, I prefer to move out of the first unless that guy falls to us you can’t pass up.  While all three spots you chose are important, so are RT and DL/Edge.  This should be one of the least predictable drafts in 20 years.

I am as a big a fan of shitting on Kyle's mocks as the next guy, but I think he's got a point with Gladney and Reagor. 

Remember Tyreke Hill shitting on us and every other team in the league? 

Reagor has that kind of burn. He apparently watches Hill tape everyday. An absolute burner would complement the shit out of our offense, especially if we get another guy who can be a nightmare on the play action. You can sleep on this, but I won't. 

I would love to add weapons for Tannehill. Give me a pass catching RB and a burner at WR. I want a trade down so we can reasonably get some of those guys and still chase a depth pass rushers and offensive tackle. 

15 minutes ago, Bink said:

I am as a big a fan of shitting on Kyle's mocks as the next guy, but I think he's got a point with Gladney and Reagor. 

Remember Tyreke Hill shitting on us and every other team in the league? 

Reagor has that kind of burn. He apparently watches Hill tape everyday. An absolute burner would complement the shit out of our offense, especially if we get another guy who can be a nightmare on the play action. You can sleep on this, but I won't. 

I would love to add weapons for Tannehill. Give me a pass catching RB and a burner at WR. I want a trade down so we can reasonably get some of those guys and still chase a depth pass rushers and offensive tackle. 

The Titans have Simmons and Jones on the DL.  They keep 4 guys up on game day. So that's 2 scrubs playing in the rotation.  What does the DL rotation look like if either Simmons or Jones get dinged up for even a short period of time?

20 minutes ago, ctm said:

The Titans have Simmons and Jones on the DL.  They keep 4 guys up on game day. So that's 2 scrubs playing in the rotation.  What does the DL rotation look like if either Simmons or Jones get dinged up for even a short period of time?

Don't disagree at all here. We certainly need DL. My point was that a shifty and explosive receiver is a good fit for us and shouldn't be off the table. 

I love the mocks Kyle. It's fun to think about the different possibilities. This would be a remarkable Titan draft though.

Is it just NFL paranoia (afterall we made it to the AFC championship game) that we see all these problems with our squad? We "need" to draft for every position except Safety and Punter and maybe interior OL.