WVTITAN

Daily fatality percentage starting 3-25

8 hours ago, Rogue said:

Well no doubt a lot of people would rather work. 

That has nothing to do with the spread of the virus.  Do you think we're about to turn a corner?  Have you been watching at all?  

Let's just get a gauge now.  In over the "next week", do you think we have a) similar case numbers as of now with no or few additions b) only a few more, c) continued trajectory of current case numbers?  You can freely add "fewer" if you want.  

Second, if you are wrong, will you give a shit?  

Sure I have watched the numbers. Now I assume we are talking about US numbers only. If so, NYC is driving 60% of the numbers. And the last few days it appears their numbers are leveling around 5,000 new cases per day.

Now you spread the rest of that 40% across the entire US and I do believe the curve will flatten and drop off for the rest of us within a week or two.

You can have a pessimistic view on this and assume people will not self quarantine, I choose to have a more optimistic view.

As for if i give a shit, i can ok only do what i can do. And unless you are developing a vaccine, same goes for you.

@WVTITANNot sure its really worth tracking the numbers in this way. The mortality rate is likely way lower as millions are infected that we don't know about. Thats not the issue though, the issue is on overtaxed healthcare system which could collapse in weeks. Thats why deaths related to the virus surged in places like Iran, Italy, and Spain.

Everything hinges on finding an effective treatment asap. Until we have a vaccine in place people are going to continue to get infected...which means we'll have to continue the shutdown until we have a way to effectively treat those that do get it so the healthcare system isn't overwhelmed in the meantime. The good news is there are several promising treatments that could be validated pretty soon.

Just now, TF_Titan said:

Everything hinges on finding an effective treatment asap. Until we have a vaccine in place people are going to continue to get infected...which means we'll have to continue the shutdown until we have a way to effectively treat those that do get it so the healthcare system isn't overwhelmed in the meantime. The good news is there are several promising treatments that could be validated pretty soon.

We have flu vaccines but every year thousands die from the flu. We cannot afford to vaccinate every single person. 

40 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Sure I have watched the numbers. Now I assume we are talking about US numbers only. If so, NYC is driving 60% of the numbers. And the last few days it appears their numbers are leveling around 5,000 new cases per day.

Now you spread the rest of that 40% across the entire US and I do believe the curve will flatten and drop off for the rest of us within a week or two.

You can have a pessimistic view on this and assume people will not self quarantine, I choose to have a more optimistic view.

As for if i give a shit, i can ok only do what i can do. And unless you are developing a vaccine, same goes for you.

So why does NYC get  a small fraction of the coronavirus bill?

Just now, Rolltide said:

We have flu vaccines but every year thousands die from the flu. We cannot afford to vaccinate every single person. 

Of course not...which is why we need an effective treatment. But having a vaccine will significantly reduce the rate of infection. You really can't compare this to the flu. This is way more contagious than the flu...and we have effective treatments for the flu.

If we did nothing and just let it run it's course with no vaccines or treatments available we could see not just thousands...but hundreds of thousands of deaths from this...and many more hundreds of thousands with permanent respiratory damage.

8 minutes ago, patsplat said:

So why does NYC get  a small fraction of the coronavirus bill?

Could be the same reason California typically provides a ton of free health care to illegal immigrants without a drop of federal assistance.

12 hours ago, Rogue said:

That said, putting aside squabbles over data metrics, do you honestly think in 19 days we're even in the ballpark of "opening back up"?  

Only if it's in spite of the medical outlook.

But people are stupid so allot after hopeful. Look at the markets this week. Hilarious. This thing is only getting worse but since the media is covering stimulus stimulus stimulus, people are feeling like we're on the mend. Panic will settle in when reality does and it might be even worse than the first crash.

20 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Only if it's in spite of the medical outlook.

But people are stupid so allot after hopeful. Look at the markets this week. Hilarious. This thing is only getting worse but since the media is covering stimulus stimulus stimulus, people are feeling like we're on the mend. Panic will settle in when reality does and it might be even worse than the first crash.

Panic will settle in with dumb arses like you.

38 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Could be the same reason California typically provides a ton of free health care to illegal immigrants without a drop of federal assistance.

Look, we agree on something.  Looks like the start of a friendship,  eh?

21 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Look, we agree on something.  Looks like the start of a friendship,  eh?

Crazier things have happened!

6 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Crazier things have happened!

Hey when I find the right convertible Ghia or Corvair and convert it to an electric car, we can race. 👍

4 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Hey when I find the right convertible Ghia or Corvair and convert it to an electric car, we can race. 👍

You could probably make a ton of money if you converted Miata's.

6 minutes ago, abenjami said:

You could probably make a ton of money if you converted Miata's.

I remember about ten years ago I saw a Miata go under an 18 wheeler Fast and Furious style. The 18 wheeler didn’t see him and just cruised on over going 70-75. The Miata had nowhere to go and went right up under him and then came out on the second lane to the right. That shit was crazy. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny