Bengals sign Leshaun Sims

39 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Btw...who would've predicted Sims signing before Ryan? Such a weird offseason.

You have to wonder if the Titans are still trying to re-sign Logan Ryan. 

It has to be either that or Clowney or someone like Shelby Harris or Derek Wolfe. 

Or a trade I guess. 

Edited by tgo

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

It has to be either that or Clowney or someone like Shelby Harris or Derek Wolfe. 

Or a trade I guess. 

….or the draft.

4 minutes ago, ctm said:

….or the draft.

Yeah we can't fill this many holes in the draft unfortunately. 

And you don't want a roster that thin either. The bulk of the draft should go to addressing depth concerns, only a couple picks should be expected starters. 

Does anybody know when the comp pick formula calculation ends? Like for example, if JRob were to wait two months to sign any players would that still enter the calculation for comp picks? Or is there a cut off date?

If there is a cutoff date I could see us going after stop gap guys later on in the offseason to maintain our comp picks. 

We are headed toward being the new Seattle.  We are actually a year behind as the team was built for Mariota to make a run for the title in 2018, then 2019 championship.  Fans would look and wonder where did the Titans get all those players?  Adoree, Jonnu and Jayon made some big time plays in the playoff that I'm sure made people wonder when/where did the Titans get all those players.  Henry, 2nd round pick.  Teams are going after our depth, next year it will be our starters.  2020 Mariota was supposed to be QB'n this team to a SB.  

JRob has done a great job.  This year, he has to continue. I don't think it's going to be as easy for him.  When teams look at his record, they will be thinking WHO is he after?

10 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Does anybody know when the comp pick formula calculation ends? Like for example, if JRob were to wait two months to sign any players would that still enter the calculation for comp picks? Or is there a cut off date?

If there is a cutoff date I could see us going after stop gap guys later on in the offseason to maintain our comp picks. 

It's the Tuesday following the draft. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Or a trade I guess. 

Clowney and Ryan would be pretty good and would free up those first two picks to be used however JRob wants. Draft a tackle, draft a WR, draft a RB, trade back and draft all three.

36 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah we can't fill this many holes in the draft unfortunately. 

And you don't want a roster that thin either. The bulk of the draft should go to addressing depth concerns, only a couple picks should be expected starters. 

I've been pointing out the team is going to have depth problems this year for quite a while, at least a year. JRob will probably find a few more bargain FAs this year.   But we'll probably end up with some UDFAs on the final roster and rebuild it next year with the comp picks. 

5 hours ago, tgo said:

It's the Tuesday following the draft. 

Well then. If the draft stays as scheduled this could work out really well for our comp situation. Getting a few extra picks next year would be huge.