3 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Yes, what does that have to do with it? I did not expect to make more money on unemployment then when I was working. 

Your self righteous libtard attitudes will not work here. I come from union factory workers.  

So you should be aware that one has to be "ready willing and able to work" to receive unemployment benefits.  And that the state checks with your employer to confirm that you were actually laid off.

This isn't a choice people are making.  It's hardship from a natural disaster.  God forbid a laid off hourly worker gets a few extra bucks for a few months.

Edited by patsplat

26 minutes ago, patsplat said:

So you should be aware that one has to be "ready willing and able to work" to receive unemployment benefits.  And that the state checks with your employer to confirm that you were actually laid off.

This isn't a choice people are making.  It's hardship from a natural disaster.  God forbid a laid off hourly worker gets a few extra bucks for a few months.

Reading problems? I said nothing against unemployment insurance you dolt. I also do not mind the government supplementing that up to the level of income they had while working. I was very clear what my issue was with your commie hero Bernie. 

The macro economic issue is that if you have 10 million people more on unemployment than usual it hurts the overall economy because unemployment pays you roughly half what you got while working. Half the purchasing power of 10 million people is bad for the economy. So most of those in congress were willing to fund supplemental income to bring these people up to a comparable income while working. They allowed for this for 4 months. 

It is assumed by normal people that those on unemployment will make some effort to find employment. Bernie wanted an additional $600 a week to remove any incentive to find work. Other democrats wanted to give everybody free benefits like SNAP to boot whether you qualified by income or not. 

I assure you they will do their best to extend these benefits until the end of the year. I told you why they want to do this. 

Keep in mind the government already suspended school loan payments, the date to file taxes and they are giving the average family of 4 $3400. Trump also wants to suspend payroll taxes for a time. 

For the tards it will never be enough. They want to win an election. 

Edited by Rolltide

Just now, WG53 said:

Still a pretty shitty deal for everyone besides corporations. 

Even mailmen get that $1200. 

13 minutes ago, WG53 said:

Still a pretty shitty deal for everyone besides corporations. 

Did we expect any different?  

Merely an accident, no doubt...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/26/democrats-delayed-stimulus-bill-ban-on-trump-family-profiting-150282

The Senate was about to approve the largest recovery bill in U.S. history on Wednesday night when when Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer hit pause, realizing something was missing — tighter language limiting the money President Donald Trump and his family would get from the stimulus. 

Democrats and Republicans had already agreed to revise a clause that would bar money from going to Trump family-owned businesses during the novel-coronavirus outbreak, but that update was not in the final printed legislation, according to two people familiar with the situation.

For two hours, Schumer held up passage of the bill as the stricter language was inserted, the people said. The Senate passed the bill just before midnight.

“We told Republicans it was unacceptable to omit strict prohibitions on Trump businesses having access to the Treasury lending, as well as critical transparency measures, and that we would hold up the bill until they included them in the final text,” Schumer told POLITICO. “They relented and these important accountability provisions were successfully added to the final bill.”

The bill also was missing a second provision that Schumer and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) had pushed, indicating that the Treasury Department had to publish the companies receiving the loans every seven days. 

"Without this language, this information could have been kept secret from public," said a Democratic aide.

4 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Even mailmen get that $1200. 

I made too much money

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

This deal is not shitty. The dems got a ton of concessions. 

It absolutely is shitty.