We have a deal

NashvilleNinja

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No.  Approve nothing for now.  Ride out the storm in quarantine and then approve something that is well thought out and makes sense based upon what happens (or doesn't happen).   It's crazy

History will look back at Trump’s 4 years as one of the most disastrous economic timeframes in American history. The ripples are huge. That tax bill is looking incredibly foolish right now.   

I love the fact rolltide qualifies for a check. Take that government handout....

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Little Earl said:

The shitty part is it just brings us closer to the point when our national debt will cause significant problems.

History will look back at Trump’s 4 years as one of the most disastrous economic timeframes in American history. The ripples are huge. That tax bill is looking incredibly foolish right now. 

Trump expanded our debt to 1 trillion+ a year without the tax bill or all of these stimulus packages. 

Between golf, deficit, and economic benchmarks, it’s incredible that Trump was a Populous reaction to Obama, yet will end up being worse in all of the areas Trump criticized him. 

1 hour ago, Former_Fan said:

While I do agree these are essential, I feel these should have been done separately as to not stall cash relief for American citizens.

I have no problem with funding for state and local governments, hospitals etc on this bill, but the corporate bailouts are a little more complex and honestly time consuming to see who actually needs it and who doesn't.  Sorry, but I can't sympathize with some of these multi billion dollar corporations who have made plenty of profit to float themselves for a few months if necessary.

This is about average people who are suddenly out of work and need the assistance. 

you want congress to collaborate on multiple bailout bills? both sides know the more bills they have to pass make each subsequent one harder. This one had to be large enough in case the other ones never get off the ground. McCarthy is already making noise about not needing further bills.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

you want congress to collaborate on multiple bailout bills? both sides know the more bills they have to pass make each subsequent one harder. This one had to be large enough in case the other ones never get off the ground. McCarthy is already making noise about not needing further bills.

Emergency state and local funding shouldn't require a bill under a state of emergency. 

The other stuff being thrown in is bullshit. If they have to make two separate bills so be it.

The government is supposed to work for us, so if they have to put in extra time, then that is their job. All this back in forth over things irrelevant to financial aid for American citizens is disgusting. 

52 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

Emergency state and local funding shouldn't require a bill under a state of emergency. 

The other stuff being thrown in is bullshit. If they have to make two separate bills so be it.

The government is supposed to work for us, so if they have to put in extra time, then that is their job. All this back in forth over things irrelevant to financial aid for American citizens is disgusting. 

This is the most partisan congress on record and they took over a week to get this one passed. Put aside what you think our government is supposed to be and come back to reality. I also haven't seen you really dissect what shouldn't be in the bill. you are bitching just to bitch at this point.

5 hours ago, patsplat said:

Anything claiming "a yield of 60%" is BS, plain and simple

I was coming to post this!

l-o-l

Hes probably buying some of that Glen Beck miracle water too!

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

This is the most partisan congress on record and they took over a week to get this one passed. Put aside what you think our government is supposed to be and come back to reality. I also haven't seen you really dissect what shouldn't be in the bill. you are bitching just to bitch at this point.

Not much to dissect. Financial aid to American citizens. Very simple.