We have a deal

NashvilleNinja

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No.  Approve nothing for now.  Ride out the storm in quarantine and then approve something that is well thought out and makes sense based upon what happens (or doesn't happen).   It's crazy

History will look back at Trump’s 4 years as one of the most disastrous economic timeframes in American history. The ripples are huge. That tax bill is looking incredibly foolish right now.   

I love the fact rolltide qualifies for a check. Take that government handout....

Posted Images

Merely an accident, no doubt...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/26/democrats-delayed-stimulus-bill-ban-on-trump-family-profiting-150282

The Senate was about to approve the largest recovery bill in U.S. history on Wednesday night when when Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer hit pause, realizing something was missing — tighter language limiting the money President Donald Trump and his family would get from the stimulus. 

Democrats and Republicans had already agreed to revise a clause that would bar money from going to Trump family-owned businesses during the novel-coronavirus outbreak, but that update was not in the final printed legislation, according to two people familiar with the situation.

For two hours, Schumer held up passage of the bill as the stricter language was inserted, the people said. The Senate passed the bill just before midnight.

“We told Republicans it was unacceptable to omit strict prohibitions on Trump businesses having access to the Treasury lending, as well as critical transparency measures, and that we would hold up the bill until they included them in the final text,” Schumer told POLITICO. “They relented and these important accountability provisions were successfully added to the final bill.”

The bill also was missing a second provision that Schumer and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) had pushed, indicating that the Treasury Department had to publish the companies receiving the loans every seven days. 

"Without this language, this information could have been kept secret from public," said a Democratic aide.

19 hours ago, abenjami said:

So pretty much as soon as the final details/negotiations are ironed out, the Senate votes and passes the bill.

The House is waiting until Friday to vote on it.

WTF?

Maybe they want to read it and analyze it 

6 hours ago, Rolltide said:

The macro economic issue is that if you have 10 million people more on unemployment than usual it hurts the overall economy because unemployment pays you roughly half what you got while working. Half the purchasing power of 10 million people is bad for the economy. So most of those in congress were willing to fund supplemental income to bring these people up to a comparable income while working. They allowed for this for 4 months. 

It is assumed by normal people that those on unemployment will make some effort to find employment. Bernie wanted an additional $600 a week to remove any incentive to find work. Other democrats wanted to give everybody free benefits like SNAP to boot whether you qualified by income or not. 

I assure you they will do their best to extend these benefits until the end of the year. I told you why they want to do this. 

Keep in mind the government already suspended school loan payments, the date to file taxes and they are giving the average family of 4 $3400. Trump also wants to suspend payroll taxes for a time. 

For the tards it will never be enough. They want to win an election. 

Again, tard, people don't have jobs because the jobs are gone.  The jobs are gone to prevent an outbreak from killing millions of people.   This tradeoff is not changing.

Edited by patsplat

20 hours ago, Rolltide said:

There are stocks right now that pay a distribution yield of 30%. Cornerstone total return CRF is a closed end mutual fund that has already announced a distribution of .179(18 cents a share for this month on the 31st and next month 4/30). I just took $1400 from our savings and bought 200 shares at $7. The income from that would be $35.80 a month. I'll be reinvesting that into more shares. 

I'll do the same with my $1200. My plan is to sell in about 18 months. After 18 distributions like that my profit will be $644 even if the stock price remains the same. Most likely it will be double. 

Just some ideas for those who do not need that money to pay bills. 

OF COURSE a person like you would take stimulus money you don’t need and do anything you could to NOT stimulate the economy with it. 

If I were getting a check, I would give it to someone who needed it, or benefit the businesses that are hurting. 

9 minutes ago, Downtown said:

OF COURSE a person like you would take stimulus money you don’t need and do anything you could to NOT stimulate the economy with it. 

If I were getting a check, I would give it to someone who needed it, or benefit the businesses that are hurting. 

Of course he's only thinking about himself in a crisis.  He's a "libertarian".  He doesn't give a shit about local businesses trying to survive this.  He's more concerned with his own lot in life.  

He's a deplorable.  Put his useless ass on ignore.  The country needs fewer of him.