NFL Draft Discussion

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of good RB get drafted after round 1 including our guy. You don't spend a 1st round pick on a backup RB.

I think the biggest thing people have to realize is that there is typically only 20-25 guys that teams have rated as “1st Round Picks”. Picking at 29, we are likely taking a 2nd round talent according

Posted Images

Schefter has apparently been pitching an idea about the scheduling of the draft to the NFL, his idea is because there is absolutely nothing sports content wise available right now is that the NFL extend the draft by televising a round each night and stretching it out over 7 nights, also by doing it this way it also gives teams more time between each round to compensate for the logistical issues they have faced leading up to the draft.

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Schefter has apparently been pitching an idea about the scheduling of the draft to the NFL, his idea is because there is absolutely nothing sports content wise available right now is that the NFL extend the draft by televising a round each night and stretching it out over 7 nights, also by doing it this way it also gives teams more time between each round to compensate for the logistical issues they have faced leading up to the draft.

This would be phenomenal given the state of everything right now and would be massive ratings 

12 hours ago, rns90 said:

TE is not a need.  It's a stable position on the team.  I want them to draft a WR though since this is one of the best classes in years and Davis could be a FA after this year.

I feel the same way. Most people don’t perceive it as a need, but when I look at the roster, there’s potential that A.J. Brown is the only receiver the Titans have after next offseason. If Humphries doesn’t perform up to expectations this year, they can cut him with no dead money next year. 

I’m almost like “trade him back to Tampa” to be with Brady, but no, not really (but yeah, instead of Casey?).

Either way, I think they should look at one within the first three rounds. It’s why I don’t mind Antonio Gibson since he could help both the receiver depth, the running game and STs.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

What do we think about Raekwon Davis from Alabama?

@AussieTitanFan08 

Seems like maybe some maturity concerns early on. But maybe a good 5 technique option in the 2nd or 3rd round?

Not a fan of Davis, a guy with his physical stature should be far more dominant than he actually is, then you add the character concerns on top and there are far too many question marks to be spending a day 2 pick on.

There are going to be some really talented guys that go undrafted this year due to medical concerns, hope JRob puts those additional 7th round picks to good use and snaps up a few of these injury concern guys before having to fight for them in the UDFA scramble post the draft.

Working under the assumption there won't be anymore significant FA signings before the draft and the likely needs are including CB/IDL/RT/Edge/RB in no particular order, I would be pretty comfortable taking any of the following 10 guys if we picked at #29, these guys listed should go somewhere roughly between picks 20-45 so some will likely be gone before we pick at #29.

TCU CB Jeff Gladney

Clemson CB AJ Terrell

Utah CB Jaylon Johnson (might be a surprise name to some here he just fits as a JRob type player good ball skills aggressive tackler)

USC OT Austin Jackson

TCU OT Lucas Niang (this pick is under the assumption that hip injury is healed and not a major concern)

Auburn DL Marlon Davidson

TCU DL Ross Blacklock

Penn St Edge Yetur Gross-Matos

Iowa Edge/DL AJ Epenesa

Baylor WR Denzel Mims (this would be a BPA pick and also with an eye on 2021 and a team without Corey Davis)

Didn't include Houston OT Josh Jones because I think he is probably gone by the time the Dolphins pick at #18.

11 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Working under the assumption there won't be anymore significant FA signings before the draft and the likely needs are including CB/IDL/RT/Edge/RB in no particular order, I would be pretty comfortable taking any of the following 10 guys if we picked at #29, these guys listed should go somewhere roughly between picks 20-45 so some will likely be gone before we pick at #29.

TCU CB Jeff Gladney

Clemson CB AJ Terrell

Utah CB Jaylon Johnson (might be a surprise name to some here he just fits as a JRob type player good ball skills aggressive tackler)

USC OT Austin Jackson

TCU OT Lucas Niang (this pick is under the assumption that hip injury is healed and not a major concern)

Auburn DL Marlon Davidson

TCU DL Ross Blacklock

Penn St Edge Yetur Gross-Matos

Iowa Edge/DL AJ Epenesa

Baylor WR Denzel Mims (this would be a BPA pick and also with an eye on 2021 and a team without Corey Davis)

Didn't include Houston OT Josh Jones because I think he is probably gone by the time the Dolphins pick at #18.

If we don’t sign Clowney or Golden...I’m all in on Davidson or Espenesa. Hopefully we sign either Clowney or Golden and can take Diggs or Gladney

Edited by AvgJoe